Moved F150 to Europe

USA 2016 F150 Platinum moved to the Netherlands
Navigation, USA build, updating from SYNC3 v2.0 16074
++++++++

Question: I moved my F150 from USA to Netherlands. I want to update both the SYNC3 software and change maps to Europe. When I went to create the USB I got a warning that I was “changing map regions and it may not work”

Please help: Is this true? is there any specific issue I’ve missed or should it be just fine?

Thanks!

They are called warnings for a reason, don’t you think?.

That won’t work because EU NAV APIMs are 64GB, and NA NAV APIMs are 32GB. So you have a storage constrain.

But, you can buy a cut down version of maps here → Cut Down Map Package Generator - CyanLabs
This will reduce the storage footprint needed to fit some EU maps onto the NA APIM. Not all of them, but the ones you need/want.

Also, will need to change some values in the APIM with forscan.

Cyanlabs does not officially support changing regions, but the information is out there for you to read, and I’m sure you will find guidance somehow.

Hmmmmm - this is good to know! Glad I asked…

This is getting beyond my time vs. technical capabilities ratio…

Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

May seem like a lot or a beginner, but it’s really not.
Although you will need an OBD adapter for the Forscan part.

But of course that’s up to you.

If you change your mind, you know how to proceed.

Take care.

Here a the tutorial on the procedure and the necessary changes. Honestly it is not difficult, just need the proper tools.

Tutorial: Current EU Maps Installation on US Imported Vehicles - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Thanks, Chief!

ok… I’m going to read through this and try… before I go too far into that tutorial, another question would be, out of curiosity, does it make any sense to just put a EU APIM in to hold the standard EU package?

Just a $$$ thing…

With a US APIM, you have 32GB, and in the tuorial it will tell you that is enough room for only an abbreviated set of files. With the 64GB EU APIM, it will hold an entire EU map package. But will you use it and is it worth the extra cost? That’s up to you, it will work either way.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.