No GPS signal after updating from 3.2.18124 to 3.4.21098

Yesterday I tried to use asbuilds from Fusions 2019, 2018 and 2017, non of them brought back the gps signal. So, this issue doesn’t come from wrong asbuilt data.

1 Like

You truly have no GPS reception (or processing) as far as the APIM is concerned, at least that is what the unit is telling us.

I’ll try to get another GPS to see if it works. Seems like my GPS is broken for some reason.

I have got the exacte same problems, i updated my sync 3.0 to Sync 3.4 (Build 21020) from the official Ford website, uploaded the logfile and all looked ok.
Exept that the GPS is not working anymore, the exact same as the pictures above, no gps fix and no satellites.

i tried:

Master reset
Soft Reset
Disconnect the car battery for 10 mins

Only thing to do is try updating to the latest 21098 Build.

I also tried all the mentioned steps with no luck. Here’s what I tried:
Used asbuilt from fusions 2019, 2018 and 2017
Downgrade to 3.4.20196
Master reset
Soft Reset
Disconnect the car battery for 10 mins

None of the above steps got the GPS signal back to normal. So, I guess my GPS went bad after the latest update and I’m going to try hooking another GPS to see if it works.

Ok guys, I updated to the latest Sync release [Sync 3.4.21194] yesterday and GPS signal didn’t come back. But I disconnected my GPS antenna (I’m suing finn shark antenna from Edge) from GPS Splitter cable and for some reason it still found some satellites in testing menu. So, my guess is Sync is getting locked by another GPS antenna, the one which is located above the instrument cluster. I’m going to try to disconnect it these days and see if it’s the root of the issue. I’ll keep it posted.

GPSM, black box inside the dash above the instrument cluster or center of the dash. It will have 4 or 5 wires(?). Just disconnect it and connect the shark fin back in.

Ok, guys. I’ve found a troubleshooting guide from Ford here. In my case, my GPS antenna went bad. Just left it here, guess it might be useful for anybody with the same issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @JoSS .
Here is the specific GPS antenna troubleshooting for the APIM.

PINPOINT TEST T - Compass or Navigation is Inoperative.pdf (638.2 KB)

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I USB upgraded my 2018 raptor to 21098 and lost GPS so I tried 21194 - made it worse. Now I not only have no GPS - the system thinks it is in Michigan somewhere.
fun…lots of fun.
Now what? I am really at a loss what to do. Can I load back to 3.3 version and keep the newest version of map via USB load?
my original version was 3.3.19068 NA17

thats just the default location, its not worse than before

See this thread:

No GPS signal after updating from 3.2.18124 to 3.4.21098 - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

I down graded to 3.3.19052 and still NO GPS
truck thinks ii is in Dearborn MI

What do the diagnostic screens tell you? (See above). Follow the pinpoint test above…You might try a reformat with new maps to see if that will clear the caches, etc.

up to the point of upgrading GPS worked fine.
I pulled the APIM disconn and verified all cabling…NPF
why would hardware ‘all of the sudden’ after an upgrade not work?
because it is not a hardware issue - its a GPS address issue in the programming.
downgraded to original settings - original map version
It looks good - works good - NO GPS

What do you see in Location Diagnostics screens? You need more than 3 satellites for GPS.