No GPS signal after updating from 3.2.18124 to 3.4.21098

@am1

If you are updating to the latest version, and the GPS fails, can you make an adjustment in FORScan on the APIM?

Go to 7D0-06-01 *xxx. At that value, you have an ‘8’. Change this to ‘4’ and check to see if GPS works. Give it time, probably 15 minutes and a key cycle. If it does not work, set it back to ‘8’ and check to see if GPS works. Give it time, probably 15 minutes and a key cycle.

I am tracking this down and have found that the Internal Gyro system may be an issue.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hm, it’s an interesting idea. Sounds good. I’ll give it a go today and will report the results, thanks! What’s that Gyro responsible for? I also have the 8 bit there.

I had the same issue . Upgraded to 3.4 from ford website and lost gps . Used cyanlabs to downgrade back to 3.3.19052 and gps is back ! BIG thanks to the developers for this app .

1 Like

Ok, just gave it a try, still no luck. I tried 2, 4, 6, A, F still no gps… Attached my APIM hardware id.

Thank you for the feedback.

The gyro functions are part of the navigation and positioning systems.

Here is the APIM AsBuilt Log from 3.3.19052.

If you are updating to the latest version, and the GPS fails, can you make an adjustment in FORScan on the APIM?

I’m living 600 kilometers far way from my sister and did the downgrade/update between the versions by TeamViewer remote and Google Duo video chat, after the update on my local visit was done. :sweat_smile:

She is a really comfort compter noob and i have no hardware available to use FORScan there - even under remote instructions.

For now we’re done with this progress, because she likes the black theme from 3.3 and i haven’t planned my next visit to her so far.

But when, i’ll run FORScan locally, same for upgrading to 3.4 again and setting black theme bei FORScan Lincoln theme.

Sorry for that, but i think some others already published the results for the things needed.

Thanks for your help, i really appreciated that!

1 Like

I understand, no problem. I’m glad you got it fixed and she likes it. Take care.

1 Like

Today I checked some settings and got this. Maybe it’s the root of the issue?

Just wondering if reinstalling everything using reformat method would work, any thoughts on this?

i had this issue once when i was doing various tests (downgrading / upgrading etc), the problem is i’m still not 100% sure on;

1. What caused it
  2. How i fixed it

Have you downgraded to 3.3.19052?

Nope, I see no reason for doing this. I’m trying to figure what might be causing this with the latest version.

OK. Let us know if you find anything…

ok, sure. Hope I will find some interesting info regarding this.

I’ve noticed that I’m having too much free space… Maybe this is the root of the issue? I guess I need to try reinstalling the latest version of Sync 3.4 using reformat method. May this should help. I’ve always used autoinstall method since my APIM came with factory installed 3.2 version. Additionally I’m having an issue with not working navigation voice commands.

I can see you have no NAV Voice files! I suggest you use the reformat option and re-install the Sync app and associated files with maps.

ok, thanks. I’ll do it in a couple of days and will report if the GPS issue still persists.

Ok, I’ve downgraded to 3.4.20351 using reformat and still no luck, no GPS. However it used to work fine on that version before I had it upgraded to the latest build. MyFordMobile shows the correct vehicle location which makes me think the GPS is working fine…

Yesterday I tried to use asbuilds from Fusions 2019, 2018 and 2017, non of them brought back the gps signal. So, this issue doesn’t come from wrong asbuilt data.

1 Like