Ordered a SYNC 4 APIM, lets see what happens once it arrives!

@CyanLabs

1 Like

@CyanLabs

You are wrong about which one i have ordered, i have a 8 inch model, like below.

I know the 12inch has the extra pins, i’ve done my research suprisingly :laughing:

This is a 8inch display

(this is the one i have arriving)

1 Like

This is a 12" one

Sorry did not see correctly

i already did a sync 1 to 3 conversion on a fiesta mk7.5 2013 and want to do a upgrade from sync 3 to 4 now, let see what happens

i’ve been informed it should be pretty plug and play

How about on the fiesta mk7.5? As this is on the older platform

Why did you get yours with no satnav

Also do you have a conector diagram for sync 4

No idea if it works on a MK7.5 but it should work on my MK8

I am in the EU NA maps are completely pointless to me.

I don’t currently have any connector diagrams to hand but supposedly on a modern car it should be relatively plug and play, we will find out once it arrives in the UK

Im in the Netherlands but maybe can instal eu maps

1 Like

All Sync 4 navigation requires a subscription thru Ford(?) for map updates. This is registered by VIN and ESN, just as previously. So you will need to find a source for map files, and somehow an installer for those. Of course, as time goes by the community will find a way…

1 Like

For connection information, look at the Sync 4 thread at Ford SYNC 4 - Ford Focus 4 (ffclub.ru).

Oh shit did not think about that im so use to using the sync 3 tool, hope that there is a way to change the maps

Can confirm that Sync 4 does not work on C1MCA architecture :disappointed:oh well, time to make another canbus emulator, except this one for my car! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

AuRoN89 thought this to be the case, mentioned in the FFClub Sync 4 thread. Thanks for confirming!

By the way, did get it working on my bench which is CGEA 1.2 based… so this is for sure an architecture thing.

Can’t do sh*t on my bench with it though since apparently the CAN I’m sending is making Sync think the “vehicle” is in motion. Also can’t connect it to FORScan since I need to connect to a Sync 4 equipped vehicle to get a connection profile set up correctly, then hopefully I can change the AsBuilt region for the infamous “nav in motion” and mess with other settings. Possibly we’ll find one that will make it boot on C1MCA but I doubt it. Here’s to hoping though!

Also, this is using the older style display, it even keeps the same screw placements so I have a feeling Ford knew we were all going to be trying retrofits :wink:

1 Like

This is for Sync 3, but maybe it will help…

{{0x109},{0x00, 0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x28}} // Accessory ON, Gear Park, Speed 0 - this needed or else the APIM will default to driving mode and will lock out many settings.

If the APIM does not get any message that indicates the ignition position, gear and speed it defaults to the “car is driving” mode and locks out some settings.

By the way…
I don’t think ‘nav in motion’ works in Sync 4…at least not the way it did.

2 Likes

That was so nice of Ford to do that!

1 Like

If anybody figures out part numbers for HS4 network cabling between the APIM module and TCU/Gateway module thing I’d love to get my hands on that. Will also be looking for aerial antenna module part numbers and corresponding harnesses for the same modules.

Keep your noses to the ground for that stuff and we might get this stuff to be fully functioning soon :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The single pair Ethernet cabling with the 2 pin connectors? Or is this in the APIM legacy connector?

I picked up MU6T-14G650-ACD that is the Sync 4 gateway module, but haven’t hooked it up yet.

Do you think adding the gateway module will allow the APIM to work without needing a CAN bus emulator?

I have gotten to the same place you have with bench setup for Sync 4. I have UCDS and haven’t been able to get connected to the APIM.

1 Like