Radio Stations not changing SSM 44606

I recently updated APIM and tough screen in my '13 CMax from a donor '18 Escape. Everything was great until last week the radio station wouldnt change on the screen to show current tuned station. I’ve found this bulletin.

SSM 44606 - 2013-2014 C-MAX, Focus and 2014 Fiesta, Transit Connect - Several Radio Issues

Some 2013-2014 C-MAX, Focus and 2014 Fiesta, Transit Connect vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following concerns: AM/FM/Sirius radio display does not update when changing stations using presets or frequency selector, during CD operation the track info is blank and no information available, FM mode Autostore does not store stations in numerical order, and/or following a vehicle start-up the radio cannot be heard until the radio on/off is cycled, volume level is adjusted or the radio station is changed. To correct these conditions reprogram the Audio Control Module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 90.04 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

When you replaced the Sync 3 APIM I suppose you made the appropriate asbuilt changes for the vehicle with FORScan? If not, you will need to do so. However, you will need a paid license version of FORScan (or IDS) to program the firmware in the ACM.

@Vchat20 might have a thought about the radio issue.

To be honest, it was plug and play and worked fine for about a month! I only changed the EQ setting in forscan to 0 for a “flat” response after a front door speaker upgrade. But that was all working fine until this happened.

Possibly related but unsure how, a CEL for “Check Fuel Fill Inlet” popped up and I reset that with forscan but the stereo didnt fix itself.

Gas cap not tight or did not vent properly with a sudden temperature change. Those happen, just keep an eye on it about frequent recurrence. That might indicate a problem with the EVAP system venting.

Try a reset thru FORScan of the ACM.

Thanks, Do you mean reset as in uploading the factory as build from ford or a module reset command inside forscan? I did try the Module reset command of the APIM inside forscan and that didnt help. Theres also a reset via the touchscreen and that didnt help either.

Are my next steps uploading a factory asbuilt to the ACM with my vin? Or should I search for an updated asbuilt with a newer year version of the car?

FORScan has a page for resetting modules. It will be listed there. For the ACM.

Reloading the factory asbuilt is worth a try. Load that and then reset the ACM.

UPDATE: I pulled fuse 79 for the Radio and replaced after a few minutes. Everything is back to working order. If you have a long term fix, let me know. Thanks for the help tho!

That did the same thing. Was there any messages or DTC about the radio issue? With the newer APIM you should look at updating the firmware for the ACM. Do you know the part number of the ACM? It will be in FORScan modules listing.

The only DTC that popped up was for original GPSM and “Air Grille Shutter”. I had to remove the old GPS unit to get the SYNC3 system to talk nice to the new dummy GPS antenna that comes with the SYNC3 system.

Part #'s:

APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
Part number: HB5T-14G371-BCA
Calibration level: HB5T-14G371-BCH (latest known: HB5T-14G371-BGG)
Strategy : GB5T-14G374-CB
Calibration: GB5T-14G375-BA
VIN: 1FADP5AU6DL547408

ACM - Audio Control Module
Part number: CM5T-19C107-LC
Calibration level: CM5T-19C107-LC
Strategy : CM5T-14D099-FH
Calibration: CM5T-14D100-LC

1 Like

You should update the ACM firmware to about a 2018 level:
Hardware Number: CM5T-14F188-FL
Part number: (F113): CM5T-19C107-FV
Strategy (F188): FM5T-14D099-MG

Not to say it would happen again, but if it does, look at upgrading the firmware.

Would that be finding a similar but newer asbuilt file comparable to my original.

My car is a 2013 Cmax, should I look for a 2018 Cmax file to load to match the model year of the apim?

If you change the firmware file, the asbuilt will need to be adjusted. You could try adjusting the asbuilt values to those of a 2018 for the 2013, but I do not know if they will format correctly. This is the asbuilt for the ACM above.

“727-01-01”
FE08

“727-01-02”

“727-02-01”
2E5F

“727-03-01”

“727-04-01”
53DD

Thanks!! I’ll try tomorrow and see if a new file works out. Thanks for the help!

Sorry for the late reply. This is a VERY common thing in the C-Max community to where I now basically have a copy/paste template any time it comes up. :grin:

The fuse pull is the temporary workaround. For most owners it seems to behave fine going on a year or so but it will come back. Unfortunately for most in the community they just deal with it and the workaround and this is a constant and regular thing that comes up.

As @F150Chief pointed out a well as the note by the TSB: Updating the ACM calibration is the proper fix.

I will say I’ve done the same on my 2013 and I think I’m on a 2016 era calibration level (don’t have the actual version handy. All I know is I based it off a lucky break from the Forscan module listing from a 2016 owner with the same ACM part #) and have yet to have this issue reoccur. Combined with the Sync 3 retrofit, the whole infotainment system has been rock solid here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.