Screen problems with update to Sync 3.4

Hello how are you?

I have three problems after updating my Ford Fiesta 2016 from Sync 1.0.15139 to 3.4.21265

1. After the update the screen lost brightness and it does not allow me to increase it, the brightness looks normal when the engine is not running, when the engine is turned on it decreases again.

2. An error appears on the screen that refers to the USB ports (they have nothing plugged in).

3. When trying to update to Sync 3.4.22020 the update prompt is shown, but this update never starts (I waited for 40 minutes and it didn’t start).

Could you help me find a solution, I appreciate it.

Hello.

1. Check the FAQs here → SYNC 3 - CyanLabs
  2. This is expected, if you want to get rid of that message you need to upgrade your USB HUB. More details here → https://community.cyanlabs.net/docs?ascending=false&category=26&topic=4683
    What you currently have will work with media and Android Auto, but not car play and will produce that “error” message since the hardware is old.
  3. You are not giving any information about the unit, but I assume you should read this → Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4

At the top of the screen it shows that it is updating but it never restarts or shows the mustang or the green screen, it remains the same as in the photo indefinitely.

I have tried several times to install another previous or later version but none the installation starts.

Have you even read the thread I’ve mentioned?

Since we didn’t hear back from you in 4 days, I’m assuming everything is ok and no further assistance is needed.

Hence, I’m closing this thread.