Strange Noise When Key is on Ignition!

Hello, I hope you’re all doing well! Thank you for your help with the previous problem Im appreciate it.

I’m still trying to figure out why my car is playing a (never-ending game of “Whirlybird”

•Whenever I have the key ignition on, I hear something strange buzzing, Cicada-Like Noise from my Vehicle, I have recorded it but I don’t know how to upload it. It’s a continuous noise, not very loud, whistling noise is coming from the area between the radio and the engine, and I’m starting to think it’s trying to tell me something (maybe “Get a new car?!”).
This has been there for two months.

•I’ve upgraded from Sync1 to Sync 3, instrument cluster, and EATC, but I’m sure I didn’t install a built-in bird sanctuary.

I have a code(PCM P1780:00- Transmission Control Switch (O/D Control) Circuit Out Of Self Test Range) I believe again I did something wrong I did. This came out yesterday after the self-test. I wasn’t comfortable with it, but just I wanted to hear the cooling fan.

Thank you so much, any help is appreciated.

I haven’t got a clue what whirlybird is but know the car shouldn’t have games installed on it unless you JailBroke it. Is the sound coming from the vehicle speakers or is it a background noise. First thing that popped in my head was the ambient temperature sensor in the dash, they have a small motor in them that gets clogged with dust and kinda shrieks and throws the HVAC into a moody.

1 Like

Not yet, as you see on my codes.

You gave me a good pass, but at the same time, it presents me with a dilemma. However, I like to stick with Whirlybird because I’m not a fan of taking the easy way out.

it’s most likely like electronic interference which is continuous and stable

I believe you found it. Because my HVAC is being temperamental" whenever it wants it works whenever it wants it turns off by itself. BRAVO! :+1:

Next time, just the first that comes to your mind tell me. Thank you.

Good job, and now, how do I fix it? don’t tell my HVAC, I have to take it to the psychologist.

(post deleted by author)

Oh, do you mean this one???

Remove it and clean the dust out or better yet replace it.

The sensor in my car sits behind a slotted circular ring about an inch in diameter just to the left or my steering wheel. The grill itself can get clogged with dust and fluff.

Codes wont show a Jailbreak

I don’t have a clue what you’re trying to say.

It’s okay, leave it at the end, you will send me a sweet red face.
I’m just changing your routine, I mean if we talk just about problems is boring.

If we continue talking about games, your mind might get overwhelmed, and that would be a pity because you’re so helpful here Bravo!!!

I followed your advice, I cleaned it, but it only worked for 2 minutes and then it stopped. I hope you, you don’t have to tell me, I should replace the HVAC Blend Door Actuator, on the back to the steering, because long time I’m avoiding to do it, I know it’s difficult.

Now, I don’t think this noise is related to the sensor. let me check exactly where it’s coming and I will let you know.
Well, at the same time, you solving a lot of my problems, keep going like this!

No-one has a HVAC Blend Door Actuator on their steering so save yourself some time.

I didn’t know, you’re also a author. How beautiful its to have full attention for my every word.

Okay, I checked very well, I heard is coming from two places. The one is from where you told me. Yesterday, when I cleaned, I had my ignition off, that is why I didn’t hear It.
I believe you’d have a good laugh out of this… I opened the hood, and it was more obvious what was going on. I was shocked - I thought it might be a problem with the Engine Control Module (ECM). But it turned out to be something relatively normal. I’m not entirely sure what it was, but I’ve since heard the same sound coming from another car when the ignition is on.
I can’t believe both cars have the same issue!
Congratulations, you found it, and I’m sorry for confusing!!!
But, I’m still freezing.
I remember something I changed on (configuration) but I don’t remember what was that.
Can you please send some heat and a memory boost.

Are you here for help or just some kind of wind up merchant?

2 Likes

what’s you mean with that?

(post deleted by author)

no one is forcing you to help me, thank you!!!