Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

im also getting a navigation malfunction after the update

i was able to fix it by downgrading to 3.3, reformatting then reinstalling this version along with reinstalling the 2020 maps

I reloaded the F10 maps and the navigation works again.

Guys if You Have Navigation Error Then You Specified Reformat as the Install Mode and/or Are on Sync 3.0 Currently, You Then Proceeded to Update to This Build Without Selecting Maps, This Is Not an Issue With This Build, Any Further Reports of This Will Be Deleted Without Response.

2 Likes

I was switching from Sync 3.4.21098 to Sync 3.4.21194. In the syn3 updater I always have the installation mode: AUTO DETECTION. I chose Europe as always, Sync version 3.4.21194, keep existing maps. So far, there are no problems updating to today.

Just updated today and kept existing maps. All works great including navigation! I master reset as well. Not too sure whats new yet. Cheers

P.s some vehicles can be picky on USB drives which can cause a lot of the errors FYI. My car doesn’t like two of the drives I have but likes the 3rd drive.

1 Like

I have noticed that SiriusXM is working, but need time to verify if fixed,

2 Likes

Seems to be a straightforward update here. 2013 C-Max Energi SEL with a Sync 2/MFT > Sync 3 swap. Updated from 3.4.21098 to 3.4.21194, Keep Existing Maps (NA 2.20), NA region. Just updated Apps, Voice, and Gracenotes.

Brief check everything seems to work. Nav works, AA works, all media sources good. And this is without doing a Master Reset yet.

Update went smoothly with F10 maps previously installed.

New DAB radio logos STILL fails to acknowledge BBC Radio 5 Live (DAB UK).

1 Like

Update went smooth on a ‘20 F250. Was running 20198 previously. Everything seems to function fine, but I’ll know more tomorrow as I’ve got to log around 5 hours behind the wheel. I’ll report any issues, if I find any.

Update went smooth on a MY19 Focus MK4.

I attest to the same. I dont want to jinx myself just yet.

1 Like

Upgraded my 2017 F150 with synch 3.4.21098 to 3.4.21194 without any issues. Didn’t update the maps since they are already at the latest and it took about 15 minutes.

Just updated my 2018 Focus. No issues so far, but it took a master reset to restore IPC and Sync brightness dimming synchronization.

1 Like

To those who had already upgraded to 21194, can you please check if the USB playback bug (glitches / stuttering during playback) is still present?.

Thanks.

Still there with Carplay :neutral_face:

1 Like

I will say on my G model APIM it never happened enough to be something I paid much mind to. 21194 MAY have improved it some? I have noticed one or two ‘skips’ so far that feel like they are a lot more subtle like maybe a smaller chunk of the file is being skipped over?

Note: I do use a high quality Samsung USB 3.0 flash drive for the music drive in my vehicle. Unless I make changes to it, it stays permanently installed in the USB hub.

Note 2: Also I exclusively have FLAC on this drive, with a good chunk being high res (96khz or higher) files.

1 Like

Thank you guys, the fact that two 3.4.21194 users confirmed this is still present sadly confirms this is a 3.4 feature at the moment, since this issue has been present since the early 3.4 builds. Makes you wonder if it’s going to be fixed, ever.

So until now, only issue with this latest build is this one, which is not new.

2 Likes

Just updated 2 of my cars and had no problems. Seems a bit snappier also.

Hey. I don’t think its a problem with the updates,. From what i can gather from talking to other people it seems to be a problem with the OS since ford switched from Microsoft to the new OS.