Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

UPDATE: Voice packages updated as of 19:30 BST 30/07/21

UPDATE Sept/21: This build may have issues with aftermarket cameras.

You can update using Syn3 Updater

NOTE: The ENH_DAB (Radio Logo) package has also been updated, if you are in a compatible region, you will likely need to update this to continue to have radio logos on the new version (as is the case with all previous versions)

Quick Links
China : syn3updater://Region=CN;Release=3.4.21194;Maps=nomaps
Europe: syn3updater://Region=EU;Release=3.4.21194;Maps=nomaps
North America: syn3updater://Region=NA;Release=3.4.21194;Maps=nomaps
Australia: syn3updater://Region=ANZ;Release=3.4.21194;Maps=nomaps
ROW: syn3updater://Region=ROW;Release=3.4.21194;Maps=nomaps

It’s also added to the manual method on cyanlabs.net

ANY COMMENT POSTED NOT DIRECTLY RELATING TO FEEDBACK AND/OR ISSUES FOR SYNC 3.4.21194 WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT QUESTION! I’VE TRIED TO BE NICE AND KEEP THESE THREADS CLEAN BUT NO ONE FOLLOWS IT,

DO NOT POST HERE IF IT’S NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO SYNC 3.4.21194

Mem errors should be discussed in new posts, not this thread as it’s not a bug or feature specific to this build!

PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IF YOUR ISSUE IS NOT SPECIFIC TO THIS TOPIC!

Changes still being reported by users

Package Date: 2021-07-28
Release Date: 2021-07-28
Build Date: 2021-07-13
List of Changed files: https://pastebin.com/74yzse0U![](https://css.ffclub.ru/static/images/icons/extico.pngpastebin.com”)
Visible Changes: Noone Found
Notable Changes:
Added a Qualifier to AL2HMIBridge, which required 90% of QML files to be updated.
Few QMLs cleanup / deletion / addition

Fixed Android Auto Call issue
Fixed Flickering issue on older SYNC units
Fixed Sirius Issues

Known issues (Updated Sept/21)

• Media playback may have artifacts as in previous builds
  • Aftermarket cameras may have issues ( workaround )
7 Likes

Just installed at my 2020 Ford Explorer (MY20). I updated from 21020 to 21194 and also updated the DAB stuff (AG version). The new version is working without any issues. I tested:

• Live Traffic
  • DAB
  • Connectivity (BT, WiFi, Hotspot)
  • Applink apps (Fordpass, Tidal, aso.)
  • Navigation
  • Camera interpolation and different angles

From my pov I would say SYNC is working a bit smoother.

3 Likes

after updating my navigation stopped working.

1 Like

Did you do a master reset after installation? If not, do it :slight_smile: After that it should work.

Yes, I did a reset after updating to Sync 3.4.21194 and it didn’t help. i went back to the old sync version 3.4.21098 and there is the same navigation bug. I noticed that the time on the watch is different, I wanted to update with GPS but the error that GPS is not available crashes. I’m downloading again the latest version of Sync 3.4.21194 along with f10 maps maybe it will help.
EDIT:

Probably none of this will be because I can’t download I have f10.
1U5T-14G421-BGH_1615430797000.TAR.GZ (Failed !, Downloading)

You could reset GPS within the normally hidden “Testing Menu”. However, I do not think that your issue is related to the new build version.

Everything worked fine today until upgraded to a newer version.

Updated no problems here just a little disappointed with the new Logo file still missing lots of stations that have been broadcasting for years

im also getting a navigation malfunction after the update

i was able to fix it by downgrading to 3.3, reformatting then reinstalling this version along with reinstalling the 2020 maps

I reloaded the F10 maps and the navigation works again.

Guys if You Have Navigation Error Then You Specified Reformat as the Install Mode and/or Are on Sync 3.0 Currently, You Then Proceeded to Update to This Build Without Selecting Maps, This Is Not an Issue With This Build, Any Further Reports of This Will Be Deleted Without Response.

2 Likes

I was switching from Sync 3.4.21098 to Sync 3.4.21194. In the syn3 updater I always have the installation mode: AUTO DETECTION. I chose Europe as always, Sync version 3.4.21194, keep existing maps. So far, there are no problems updating to today.

Just updated today and kept existing maps. All works great including navigation! I master reset as well. Not too sure whats new yet. Cheers

P.s some vehicles can be picky on USB drives which can cause a lot of the errors FYI. My car doesn’t like two of the drives I have but likes the 3rd drive.

1 Like

I have noticed that SiriusXM is working, but need time to verify if fixed,

2 Likes

Seems to be a straightforward update here. 2013 C-Max Energi SEL with a Sync 2/MFT > Sync 3 swap. Updated from 3.4.21098 to 3.4.21194, Keep Existing Maps (NA 2.20), NA region. Just updated Apps, Voice, and Gracenotes.

Brief check everything seems to work. Nav works, AA works, all media sources good. And this is without doing a Master Reset yet.

Update went smoothly with F10 maps previously installed.

New DAB radio logos STILL fails to acknowledge BBC Radio 5 Live (DAB UK).

1 Like

Update went smooth on a ‘20 F250. Was running 20198 previously. Everything seems to function fine, but I’ll know more tomorrow as I’ve got to log around 5 hours behind the wheel. I’ll report any issues, if I find any.

Update went smooth on a MY19 Focus MK4.