Reverse camera getting installed soon, will 3.4 break it?

What is your SYNC Region? EU

Do you have Navigation? Yes

What region is your SYNC APIM? EU

What was your old SYNC Version? 3.0

Hi,

Im getting a rear reverse camera installed soon which will link into the existing sync 3 unit.
Im currently on version 3.0 19205
I have the 3.4 downloaded and ready to go on a USB but im hesitating a bit because will updating to 3.4 maybe affect when i get the camera installed on the back?

Cheers

No it won’t

1 Like

Great! thanks for reply, so if i download the latest version you have on your software and ill be good to go when the camera gets installed in a few weeks?

It could, read the 1st message of the feedback thread → Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

We had a small number of users reporting issues, check the work around to it

1 Like

That’s not related to this though imo

1 Like

SaNdMaN says on that feedback post: “If you have this issue, all you need to do is downgrading to 3.4.21098 and the camera will work just fine, as before.”

I have version 3.4.21194 ready to be installed on a USB right now including maps, shall i go ahead and install this latest one (reverse camera being fitted in 3 weeks) or shall i downgrade and install version 3.4.21098?

Thanks guys

In my opinion, this is not related still, the camera works fine on my 21194 on my car, and it does for basically everyone. personally i think the issue is something else. so use 21194.

1 Like

Yes, try that. As said in the other post, there are only a few users that reported that exact issue: they went to the latest build and their camera started misbehaving as described. They downgraded to the previous available build, and the issue was solved.

Again, it’s not common, but it could happen with aftermarket cameras.
But, if it happens to you, you can solve it like they did, downgrading to a previous build.

If you ask me, it’s not probable you will face this issue, but it’s possible.

1 Like

Camera working fine on latest version. Only problem I have now is both my USB ports don’t work, any idea where the wire or what I should do is? Trying to avoid another visit to the workshop don’t have any free time for that

If you are using an iPhone the USB hub will need to be replaced with the newer version which has the proper chip.

Please, be specific. What’s not working?.
As F150chief said, if you are using an iphone, you need the replace the hub.

After I did the 21194 update both USB ports + apple car play worked fine. I suspect when they installed the camera they didn’t plug the usb wiring back in?

Again, be specific.
I can assume you are saying they do not even work for music playback (no phone involved), but I do not want to assume…

So again, do any port function? (charge the phone, music playback from USB drive, and so on)

So since the camera install, I’ve tried multiple apple chargers , a Samsung charger for Samsung phone, and a mini USB port for charging something. It appears there is not any power at all

Ok, that seems some like hardware issue then.
You should contact the guys that made the job, not sure from where they took the energy line. But if it was working before some electrical work was performed, well…

Yeah that’s definitely the case , it worked fine after cyanlabs update but since the workshop installed the camera both USB ports don’t work.

Since the camera is working fine and the USB issue is not related to Syn3updater or Sync3 build, I’m setting an auto closure for the thread.

Hope you get that solved by the people that performed the work.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.