Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

Sync update would not have caused the mirror to stop working. It might sort on it’s own, but you could just pull the battery cable for 15 minutes then reconnect it.

1 Like

i will try it. thank you!

It probably has something to do with Forscan resetting everything on the CanBus. Like F150chief said it will probably sort itself out. You also might check the settings to make sure it is turned on. My Automatic steps get turned off every time mine is reset and I have to go in and check it again.

2 Likes

still present on audible USB mp3 files and streaming Spotify via bluetooth

still present (only checked USB mp3)

There are some reports about this build having issues with aftermarket cameras (not Ford’s): the picture loose quality and also it’s in black and white.

If you have this issue, all you need to do is downgrading to 3.4.21098 and the camera will work just fine, as before.

2 Likes

This is a common sign of NTSC/PAL signalling. it happened in old school TV’s back in the day.

2 Likes

I just successfully upgraded from 3.4.21098 to 3.4.21194 without any problems.
Thank you!
Ford Focus Turnier 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium, 2017

1 Like

That was my day…!

Updated my UK 2017 fiesta Ecoboost today without issues. Thank you again Cyanlabs.

2 Likes

Interesting one. Looking to upgrade a vehicle from 3.0.20092 to 3.4.21194 with maps (ver 2.20) for Australia. Regardless of whether I click START or Download, it gets part way through, downloading files with out issue and then comes across one file which it then prompts the error (red box) saying “ERROR - The file is too long. This operation is currently limited to supporting files less than 2 gigabytes in size.” The operation then stops. The file it has the issue with is 4U5T-14G421-DAF_1615429515000.TAR.GZ
Any thoughts…

Correction: it’s due to the number of connections you are using.

This is the bad line of code, filesize / download connections = xxxGB parts

In regards to this specific file
4.92GB
If you was to do 2 connections for this file that would result in ~2.5GB files which is higher than the allowed 2GB of that function.

Thanks - I had two connections selected on this computer when it failed. Interestingly the other computer only had one connection and it downloaded fine.

Yes it’s a bug, added to the issue tracker, but unlikely to be fixed in v2.x as i’m currently rewriting v3 from scratch. the solution is to ensure that filesize / connections doesn’t equal more than 2GB, so 4.5gb / 2 = 2.25GB which is too big, best to just use either 1 connection or 4.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: 3.4.21194 Camera Issues

Hi,

I still have the flickering issue with this version - Ford Focus RS (2016).

2 Likes

Friends,

We have a problem to update an APIM central in 2 cars (FORD EDGE 2014 and FORD RANGER 2017) we are in Brazil and in the ANZ version (includes the SA=BRAZIL translation) the language translated to PT-BR :brazil: is not showing. we have already done 3 times for version 3.3.19052 and up to 3.4.21194 and there is no language option in Portuguese.

thank you for helping

You probably have the 5U5T-14G391-AP Sync Voice file loaded in both cars, which does not contain PTB - Brazilian Portuguese language. You will need to load a region specific voice file:

5U5T-14G391-DP_1626960105000.TAR.GZ
1.0Gb Sync3 v3.2.21169
ENA, ENG, ENU, GED, MNT, PTB, RUR, SPM, TRT

Follow the instructions below:

1. Create a USB drive (format as EXFAT) with a SyncMyRide folder.
  2. Copy the file downloaded above into the SyncMyRide folder.
  3. In the root of the USB is the autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA files which you can obtain from any upgrade you previously performed.
  4. You will need to edit the autoinstall.lst file so it looks like the example below.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G391-DP_1626960105000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-DP_1626960105000.TAR.GZ
Options = Autoinstall

1. Insert USB in vehicle and wait for the installation to complete. You should see a message indicating completion.
  2. Remove the USB drive and reboot the APIM.

All the files needed can be found at the Software Database - CyanLabs

2 Likes

Darling the shot was in the can!

problem solved!

thankful

Received an OTA update for the Kuga MY21 yesterday and it seems that the USB music playback issue has been resolved, so far everything sounds fine.