Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

I recently updated to this version, but was through the Ford Sync update site. Is there a way I can get my Dark/grey theme back? I don`t like the blue theme at all. And the Lincoln theme is not the same as used to have. Used to have 3.3.19052 on it. Or should I downgrade to get it back?

You can just downgrade back to 3.3.19052…

Yep me too, it’s been the same in every version. I’m a 2018 focus st (u.k). I think it’s hardware related like the dimming is not smooth enough.

Would have thought Ford would have sorted it properly on our cars.

You could try 21265 that is out.

1 Like

Have you adjusted the Illumination Gateway Strategy and the timing fo the dimming issue? I don’t have a vehicle that has this issue, so I can’t test. However, there is a suggestion by balmix (Alexey) at FFClub.ru.

Config Block DE05
Illumination Gateway Strategy: for versions 3.0 and 3.2 there is CGEA 1.3, for 3.3 and 3.4 there should be C1MCA.
DE00 illumination FNA.
The day-night transition does not work, always at night I use, the brightness only changes automatically, without flickering.
I might add that in addition to 96 in IPC still helps Illumination - FNA Strategy.
Nothing flickers at all. Absolutely. Auto-transition works correctly.
For focus/kuga.

posted image

2 Likes

“the media device is not available” when USB music resumes on vehicule startup.

Things I have tried.

1. I tried with 3 different brands, sizes and USB versions (1.1, 2 and 3.1) of memory sticks with the same results with each device.
  2. I tried different file systems on the USB sticks.
  3. I tried re-indexing the USB media multiple times. It does indeed complete successfully the indexing each time.
  4. I tried a master reset of Sync.
  5. I tried a cold reboot, by disconnecting the 12v battery for 45 minutes.

It always works fine once a USB media is detected, but can never auto-resume on startup.

Here is what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0XuVdGCjEk&t=15s

1 Like

Hallo

Bei mir Flackert das Display immer noch zwischen Hell und Dunkel.

Gruß
Steven

hello good day, I have a problem with this update, I can not insert radios manually, the keyboard does not appear to place the radio I want, someone happened?

I bought a 2019 F250 that had Sync 3 3.0 and upgraded to 3 4 21194. SiriusXM did not work then nor does it now. I have performed 2 master resets and several SiriusXM refresh…What did I do wrong

Are you subscribed to XM? Does anything play, what about the preview station? Did you truck come specced with the XM radio? Some radios don’t include XM and it may have been enabled by accident in the as built.

avdonr, I am subscribed; Chnl 184 plays; bought truck in Jan '22 and the Dealer had activated my trial. I have spent the last 3 weeks on the phone w/ SiriusXM via phone and Chat trying to resolve this. I found this website but so far, even after going to 21194, did not work.

1 Like

Hmm. I doubt it’ll have much effect but you could try updating to the latest SYNC package which is 3.4.22020. Other than that I’d think it’s a faulty ACM. What happens when you try to go to Sirius xm? Nothing?

No sound and message say my radio is not subscribed yet my account says my radio is activated

Did you confirm the radio ID/ESN matches what is on your account?

affirmative

What was your previous Sync version?

Ch 184 plays on any SiriusXM radio, subscribed or not. But this shows that you do have a SiriusXM capable ACM (radio). This also shows that the SiriusXM tuner and radio are working fine from a hardware standpoint, and that the programming for the APIM and update is also fine.

Your APIM Asbuilt shows the truck is equipped properly.
Sync 3 Asbuilt.txt (513 Bytes)

Will the account let you send a refresh signal to the radio successfully? Do you get the confirmation that it was sent? If not, SiriusXM does not have this right.

Do you have a Sirius Travel Link account? This is separate from the SiriusXM radio account. They will use the same radio ESN.

If you go to Apps in the Sync menu, and since you have Sirius Travel Link, look there to see if the RADIO thinks it’s activated. What is on the account info could be wrong, or the ID number could be recorded incorrectly in their system for the vehicle.

Does your HD Radio work?

Sync 3 3.0 - I updated to 3.4 22020 this morning - did a Master Reset - turned off engine - locked doors.

It says it sends a refresh - yet nothing happens.

I have the Travel Link - it says unsubscribed - When I change to Channel 2 it says radio is not activated

yes HD works

Stupid question but are you parked outside?