Sync 3.4.21265 - Feedback & Issues

Firstly sorry for the delay, i have been Ill and haven’t been following CyanLabs for a few days :wink: this dropped i believe yesterday or the day before.

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

NOTE: EU Voice package has been updated, Other voice packages yet to be found on ford servers, likely will be found shortly

NOTE2: If you are already on 21194 you can simply update APPS package and no other packages! unless you are EU in which case update APPS and VOICE!

NOTE3: Turn off auto update, and possibly WIFI altogether, to prevent the Sync system from back revving to the previous version if your vehicle is capable of auto update. If you have upgraded from Sync 2, or reformatted the APIM from Sync 3.0, this will not apply (More Info)

You can update using Syn3 Updater

Quick Links
China : syn3updater://Region=CN;Release=3.4.21265;Maps=nomaps
Europe: syn3updater://Region=EU;Release=3.4.21265;Maps=nomaps
North America: syn3updater://Region=NA;Release=3.4.21265;Maps=nomaps
Australia: syn3updater://Region=ANZ;Release=3.4.21265;Maps=nomaps
ROW: syn3updater://Region=ROW;Release=3.4.21265;Maps=nomaps

It’s also added to the manual method on cyanlabs.net

ANY COMMENT POSTED NOT DIRECTLY RELATING TO FEEDBACK AND/OR ISSUES FOR SYNC 3.4.21265 WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT QUESTION! I’VE TRIED TO BE NICE AND KEEP THESE THREADS CLEAN BUT NO ONE FOLLOWS IT,

DO NOT POST HERE IF IT’S NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO SYNC 3.4.21265

Mem errors should be discussed in new posts, not this thread as it’s not a bug or feature specific to this build!

PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IF YOUR ISSUE IS NOT SPECIFIC TO THIS TOPIC!

Changes still being reported by users

Build Date: 2021-09-22
List of Changed files: https://pastebin.com/eRjFTC3i![](https://css.ffclub.ru/static/images/icons/extico.pngpastebin.com”)
Visible Changes: Noone Found
Notable Changes:
Two QML files updated, lol
Thanks to Au{R}oN / Fmods

1 Like

All good, but you need to turn off auto updating otherwise your system will auto downgrade to 3.4.20204 if it tries to sync again via WiFi. Mine did last night and even missed out 21194 which is a fully released version for all models. Very strange, but 21265 was working okay for the day or so I had it installed.

I just updated from 21194 to voice,21265.If problems. Everything seems fine to me. I don’t know if anyone will notice the difference, which I couldn’t see. Someone can help.

Many thanks to the entire team that strives to “give us” with updates.

Greetings from Portugal to everyone.

3 Likes

Any thoughts or word if there is any camera fix in this version? 21194 was a nightmare for my setup. I guess it is worth an update and if no issues will keep. Can always back rev again.

Have not seen any release notes other than what is in the first post. Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Has this or a previous version fixed the audio skipping bug?

Has this fixed the auto dimming flickering issue which wasn’t fixed in 21194 (I know the release notes says it did but the annoying strobe flicker was still there)

Audio will still skip occasionally.

This issue has been determined to be model specific in many threads, meaning some models have the issue while some have never had the issue. Some have had better results. I think the Focus was one of the problem models. Maybe @CyanLabs or @Louage can shed some light on the UK models…

I still continue to have the flickering issue on my US C-Max (Focus based platform of course) with the H model APIM. But I have chalked that up to the fact it is just going to remain a thing at least for me.

Other than that, so far nothing major to write home about with 21265. Feels the same all around as 21194. Simple upgrade (from 21194) of Gracenotes, Voice, and Apps, keeping the 2.20 maps already installed. Took about 15-20 minutes to complete.

2 Likes

I did the same operation and it was the ± time that took. I also didn’t notice the difference.

Is up to date. Thanks to the mentors.

1 Like

Hi! @all

As noob I came from 3.0/20204 (Gracenote: 1.1.1.1127 / EU-0010) and updgraded to 3.4/21194 (F10 map) with no problem, BUT …

My display flickers while automatically adjusting to daylight-inensity (I’d guess).

So I updated to 3.4/21265 (F10 map) … again: no problem … but still: flickering display (discription says no driver update, but anyways)

I made a full reset before and after each upgrade/update.

Any ideas/suggestions?

THX

Ford Focus MK3 2017 with GPS, no DAB, rear cam, all stock (model 2018)

Get used to it, issue is still present with Focus and (maybe) Kuga…

No real solution so far.

1 Like

What’s the deal with this? Doesn’t seem like much activity here regarding this update.

Any improvements with this?

The first post in the thread will usually provide any details if there’s significant changes. For the most part compared to the last update, there’s no notable changes or improvements in this. That said, as there’s been no reported issues, no harm in updating either if that was a concern.

One thing to note with the updates posted here at CyanLabs/through Syn3Updater is these are all potential versions Ford has on their servers including those that they don’t release publically through official channels (either OTA via Wifi or via the USB method on Ford’s own site, -not- through Syn3Updater). So there are some updates provided here that Ford won’t publish officially. Likely intermediate development builds. So a lot of these may not see any significant changes. And other than some very specific and rare scenarios documented via TSBs, Ford doesn’t normally post changelogs themselves.

Hi,
just did upgrade on my Mondeo MK5 6/2017 with NAV (EU region), no issues detected, everything works as expected, 3.4 seems to be a bit snappier than 3.0.
What I noticed, after master reset, option to Automatically adjust daylight saving time is gone, but hasn’t been before in 3.0 (might be region specific?) so no pain there.
Screen does not flicker, brightness is normal, radio logos working without any APIM modifications.

Thx.

1 Like

Hello guys.

If you own a Kuga or Focus, please take a look at this thread → [Feedback Required] - Kuga and Focus flickering screen issue

Thank you.

I have a 2018 Ford F-150 lariat 2.7 L and clearly was not getting updates from Ford. Followed the instructions here and was successful in updating to 3.4.21265. Very happy. No errors or loss of functionality to date. Donation made! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.