Sync 3.4.22048 - Feedback & Issues

Introduction

Sync 3.4.22048 has been found online and added to Syn3 Updater!

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

Important Notes

ONLY THE APP PACKAGE IS UPDATED SO IF YOU UPDATE TO THIS OR 22020 YOU WILL LOSE LOGOS IF YOU ARE NOT NA UNTIL THE NEW LOGO PACKAGE IS AVAILABLE! THIS DOES NOT EFFECT NA USERS

Rules

• Do not reply to this thread with general issues that are not specific to 22048
  • If you notice a bug or change specific to this feature report it below

Failure to follow the above rules will result in your post either being moved (if moderators or myself are feeling generous or deleted without prompt)

To clarify, MEM_ERR’s, Missing Logos, LST_ERRS etc should not be posted here, make a new thread using this Support Link

Install Methods

Syn3 Updater

You can update using Syn3 Updater

Quick Links

China : syn3updater://Region=CN;Release=3.4.22048
Europe: syn3updater://Region=EU;Release=3.4.22048
North America: syn3updater://Region=NA;Release=3.4.22048
Australia: syn3updater://Region=ANZ;Release=3.4.22048
ROW: syn3updater://Region=ROW;Release=3.4.22048

Manual Method

It’s also added to the manual method available at the below link

Package URL

Community Spotted Changes

TBC

Technical Information

Known Changes / Issues
TBC

Technical Information from FMods
Package Name: 5U5T-14G381-EX
Epoch: 1647466613000
Major Version: 3.4
Build: 22048
Package Date: 2022-03-16
Release Date: 2022-04-12
Build Date: 2022-02-17
List of Changed files: https://pastebin.com/rjXtJwr8
Visible Changes: none
Changes (based on diff):
Updated few libs / bins

Most important thing:
Does JB works? !!!Not yet tested!!!

I installed 22020 when it appeared so obviously i’ve lost the logo’s you mentioned. What would i have to do to regain the logo’s before i install this please?

Thanks for the time all you people put into this amazing software.

2 Likes

Install 21265

But you can’t keep logos while having 22020 or 22048 until the new packages for logos are found!

1 Like

Radio logos are only an issue for UK/Europe users right? Are NA users affected by that at all?

1 Like

Correct. For us in NA, radio logos aren’t a thing. Doing an in-place (not reformat) update should be fine.

3 Likes

Radio and XM logos are contained in the Sync app package for North America (NA).

Updated 2015 F-150 Platinum (Sync 3 retrofit) to 3.4.22048. No issues.

1 Like

Update 22048 updated successfully on 2017 F250 in NA Region. No issues found so far

1 Like

updated 22048 on 2020 Explorer. No obvious changes.

1 Like

installed the update in the focus mk3.5 (2018). The display keeps flickering when dimmed. Couldn’t find any other changes in this version.

Is there any difference from 22020 to 22048? Just wondering if there’s any reason I should update at this point or wait until more things are released for 22048 and another question I had was, what is the purpose of performing a master reset after updating? I didn’t reset when I updated from original to 22020 because I’ve Forscaned some stuff & I haven’t had any issues to my knowledge.

As mentioned in both those threads, no known changes so it’s up to you.

Master reset won’t affect ForScan stuff and just like with any update for anything a reset to clear old settings etc is always recommended

1 Like

Thanks that’s what I was thinking, just wanted to clarify because I did my first update ever & went from 3.0 to 22020 last month and Ik 22020 got cancelled/not completed so didn’t know if this will end up getting more updates to it & be the latest version available.

Is this happening all the time or when there is light change outside (sunrise/sunset)? My 2017 MK3.5 ST has done that since I was on the factory Sync 3.0. I’m on 3.4 build 21194 and it’s still the same.

Yes, this occurs with changing light conditions. What I have noticed so far is that when the cockpit lighting changes from bright to dark, the Sync 3 gets the dimming signal.

When adjusting the brightness in the Sync 3 display, the display does not flicker, only when adjusting the interior lighting.

It helped me to lower the car interior light by 1-2 levels and use sync in dark mode. The error is not completely gone, but not so severe that it interferes with driving.

Maybe something will change in a future version. I would have liked to stay with the Sync 3.0 version, but unfortunately there is a bug related to Apple CarPlay.

When a call ends, sync no longer switches to the previously selected audio source. That’s why I updated to 3.4

Installed this the other day. Seems “snappier” but no other changes. Maybe driven by placebo but we shall see overtime as I use it.

1 Like

Ok so it’s not just me. Mine seemed slightly snappier also.

2 Likes

i glad to see its not just me. What i have noticed in the past is that it seems snappier at first then slows down. So far so good.

It’s the windows effect…
Starts great, then it starts degrading…
Until you reinstall or upgrade it, then it gets better… It would be awesome for users to perform a master reset a couple of days before upgrading, I’m almost sure they will notice an improvement without upgrading.

3 Likes

How do we get the info or see if the other package gets available for the 22048? Is there any news about when it maybe will get available?