Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

Yes old 2020 was not ESN locked older ones were so that was probably a mistake from ford

No, unlikely to get any workaround, ESN licenses require a ESN specific license.

New leak of the reformat tool for my20 is best scenario

2 Likes

@CyanLabs so did update took around an hour and it then told me to remove usb which i did, then restarted car, it then booted back up and told me to leave usb in while it completes the update so I put it back in and then it said updating software (was already at .22110 as checked in settings) then it said to restart engine and continue with part 2 and then just a black screen. Now it’s restarted the whole thing again saying extracting apps package :frowning: why did it tell me to remove usb then put it back in to finish. Been sat in a car park now for nearly 2 hours.

Tried to update EU maps only , getting error code: MEM _ERR01
after putting into car USB.

I selected all maps [ I ditched Cyprus ], Map Licence,
and only the English Voice Nav , the updater was in auto-install mode.

am I missing something ?

Is this for the 2017 Continental in China? Unless you swapped out the APIM, it is 32GB, so EU maps will not fit. You will need a cut down version. And why are you putting EU maps on a car in China?

F150chief, are the maps working on this new update 22110, I have read this thread, some say it was a success, some say they got errors…

For a 2016 MKZ, reformat with 3.4.22110 and maps. Should be no issues. The issues you are seeing are due to user error, for the most part.

1 Like

ha, ha, you remembered. I live in the UK
yes it’s a 2019 build Continental for the Chinese market, however I did
install the full F10 EU maps on it last year, but I forgot how I did it, I changed the country code
on the APIM .

Read the instructions not what SYNC tells you.

Thanks F150 chief…

1 Like

Run the APIM interrogator (create interrogator log) and see what is installed, then go from there.

As we already told you over discord, you are not following the tutorial.
Your specific situation is described here → Downgrade Mode Instructions - CyanLabs
Yet, you are failing to follow those simple steps, there are only 7 steps.
None of them instruct you to re-connect the USB once the procedure is finished, yet you are doing so.
Thus the process is starting over and over again because of your actions.

So, again, follow the tutorial. If something does not go according to plan while following it, create a new thread and we will troubleshoot the issue there. So far, your issue is 100% user error.

If you spent over 2 hours in the car is because you are not following that simple 7 steps guide.

2 Likes

Appreciate that, it was just confusing and the last thing you want is for it to mess up. Not sure what discord is this is the first message I posted after attempting.

Removed USB right after it completed and then did master reset. Going to see how it is today as it was L A T E when I got done last night.

Thanks for your help/

Guys you do realise syn3updater literally opens the correct documentation page describing the install via the install mode that syn3updater chose… Follow these steps provided and everything makes sense

2 Likes

My apologies, there was an user with your exact same issue and same profile picture on the discord server just a few hours before, but it now seems you are not him. So again, my apologies for assuming you were him.

Glad it now worked.

Hello. APIM region - UK, the main language in Sync - is English, but my Sync voice assistance talking with me in the French language? Any ideas on how to fix it?
APIM with nav.

Hello installed the updated 3.4.22110, all went very smoothly, 35 min to install, including map update. Seems quicker and punchier sound around audio volume level 14. same audio setting, bass and treble middle on the low side . well done team. follow the tutorial hassle free.

I’m sure that somewhere here in cyanlabs.net exists a file ist with explanations which file include which language or country. but i didn’t find it.

i know from a german ford forum that 4u5t-14g422-bA(x) is the only necessary german navi voice,
could tell me somebody which languages are
4u5t-14g422-bB(x), 4u5t-14g422-bC(x), 4u5t-14g422-bD(x)

and we want to drive from Germany to central Italy in june,
are these maps iu5t-14g421-BAJ, -BBJ, -BFJ and -BGJ sufficient? or should i install more or less maps?

thanks for your help.

I am from Taiwan, I successfully updated 3.4.22110, and also successfully updated the 2021 map, as shown in the picture…

Thank you.

just install all of them unless you don’t have a 64gb unit for some reason.

2 Likes

Everything works. Voice control and navigation from Germany to Italy. So my file selection was fine.

After the first successful downgrade Installation. I see no number for the grace notes. After insert the USB stick again to install only grace notes., he began by new with the downgrade back to 3.3.xxx.

In the past I only use the Autoinstall mode, which sync know which files are the same. So I make a second stick with Autoinstall only of grace notes.

After that, I see a grace notes version number.

1 Like