Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

From what I’ve seen of these systems, they retain the Sync system in the background and pass through the display to the android system with the factory USB ports maintained through to the original Sync APIM.

1 Like

Correct, they have part of the screen that can “switch input” to the SYNC 3 system essentially

Anyone else notice the adaptive volume seems to be working since this update? Or is it just me?

I have an adaptive volume pedal. But to your point, it does seem to be smoother or like a tiny delay rather than jumping right in. Mine has always worked but sometimes you would notice the volume change. It seems to act better now.

Hello, all.

2018 F150 Lariat here, originally with non-nav Sync 3.0. I installed 3.4 21265 a few months ago, only took about 10.mins total, that included green reformat screen.

Right now I’m updating to 22110 using autoinstall option. I’ve been on the “updating system software” screen for over an hour. How long should it take for a non-nav update?

Thanks!

1 Like

Check out this thread → Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4

Thanks for your reply.

Have tried running Interrogator, using two different factory-bought SanDisk USB drives.

When I try to open the Interrogator log, it throws the following error on both drives: “The XML file you have selected does not contain a valid ‘ECU Delivery Assembly Number’ therefor Syn3 Updater can not determine if this is a MY20+ APIM or not!”. My APIM is not MY20+.

Any input is welcome. Mods, please let me know if I should take this to a separate thread.

Yes, please create a new thread using the template. When you do, please include the XML contents or file, we will be able to see how many free space the unit has. The tutorial explains this btw.

The goal of running the interrogator is to check how much free space the unit has.

Just updated to this so, so far so good.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what’s JB?

Cheers!

JB = JailBreak.
Not discussed here due to legal implications, however you can check FMods

Hi,

Finally got round to updating to this version. Still cannot believe they have not applied a logo to Capital UK on the DAB band D1 Narional. Under Regional Essex and Kent the capital UK logo shows. Is it there for anyone else on D1 national or is it still a case of poor coding to pick up the same image on each DAB band.

Cheers Nuthy.

I’ve not actually updated to 22110 yet haven’t found the time to sit in my car for a hour for sync and maps so I don’t know if that logo is still missing, I’m sure someone will reply soon though

managed to install EU maps correctly but am still on 3.4 21265, tried to install ver. 22110 EU but comes up error code MEM ERR01, it’s not a big deal but I wonder if the APIM is full and will accept no further updates.
Here’s the interrogator log in pictures.

I’m afraid you are in trouble.
You managed to leave only about 500mb free on the unit, which is not enough for any upgrades really. And you can’t delete maps since it’s a MY20 unit.

The unit is 2019: KU5T-14G371-DDF, 32GB NA. This is the 2019 build Continental for the Chinese market and you live in the UK, so EU maps.
Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues - Ford - CyanLabs Official Community

Delete Gracenote, install Sync 3.3.19052, then reformat the unit and install the cutdown version of the maps. You have filled up the unit and it will have issues with only 500MB of storage. You need to keep at least 1.5 GB of free space on the unit.

Tutorial: Current EU Maps Installation on US Imported Vehicles - Ford / Guides - CyanLabs Official Community

Thank you.
This happens when I do not sleep a lot.

3 Likes

Whats this “sleep” you mention?

I’m in the middle of big projects at work, so that means deadlines, stress, overtime, not so much of quality sleep at night.

Basically, I got confused and didn’t realize he has not a MY20 model as I stated.

I was siding with you but you missed my point again

That’s British sarcasm for ya

1 Like