Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

The older Lincoln Next and Timeless themes are replaced in Sync 3.4 with the Lincoln MY20 theme. I run this theme and have the display in night mode, which produces a darker background. There are darker or lighter backgrounds available in the display setup in Sync.

The latest DAB Logo package is 1U5T-14G658-AH 58Mb Sync3 v3.2.21336 SXM (02.12.2021).

That’s what I was afraid of, I wonder why they removed so many logos then

Hey Again, I keep thinking something is wrong with my themes because I really only have 2 usable themes that have any noticable difference to me. (meaning homescreen and icons are different). Is this normal?? I do realize the startup and shutdown screens are different for all of them. Here is my theme list in order exactly as I see it in the menu. There are duplicates but thats how I see them.
ford-10P-MY20 When selected its too large for my display, not usable
ford-10P-ST When selected its too large for my display, not usable
ford-10P-U625 When selected its too large for my display, not usable
ford-CX430 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-MY20 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-MY20 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-RS Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-ST Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-ST Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-U625 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-evo Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-evo Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-mustang Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-raptor Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-shelby-Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-shelbyR- Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-vingnal-Normal Ford Blue Theme
lincoln-10L-MY20- Black screen can’t see anything, have to shutoff and reboot.
lincoln-CX483 - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-MY20 - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-U540 - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-U611- Way too large for my screen, hard to recover from
lincoln-Blacklable - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-Continental - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-Presidential - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme

As outlined above:
In Sync 3.4 there are 2 themes (Ford MY20, Lincoln MY20) with 2 screen variations per theme (6.5"/8", 10").
00=Ford MY20 (6.5"/8" Screens) (Old Ford Classic, in 3.4 sets Ford MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
03=Lincoln MY20 (6.5"/8" Screens) (Old Lincoln Next, in 3.4 sets Lincoln MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)

What you see listed are the “Boot” screen followed by the Theme.

First off, thanks to everyone on these forums and apologize for the long read. I experienced the clock reset issue for this build (I think) and rolled back to 3.4.21265 and did a master reset. Unfortunately, I’m still getting the clock reset on ignition cycle even on this older build. Has anyone else experienced the clock reset on ignition and had it persist even after a rollback to a previous build? I’m trying to determine if my APIM ASBUILT is possibly incorrect. I have a 2018 US Market Focus RS with the APIM ASBUILT first line of 7D0-01-01 AB28 0503 8034. My friend (Also a 2018 Focus RS) has 7D0-01-01 A328 6503 808C. I have a number of modifications such as global window down, but from this APIM Clock post I think the 8 in AB28 controls the clock type. In that post he suggests a “9” instead of an “8”, but going off my friends numbers it looks like I’m correct for my vehicle. The only reason I’m even looking at the APIM is I recently was in a collision shop that may have changed some settings (or is it possible Sync can change values in the APIM?). Can anyone who does NOT have the clock reset issue please post their APIM numbers? If you all have a 9 instead of an 8 I’ll give that a go.

I’m running Sync 3.4.22110 NA in both my 2017 F150 and 2016 Focus ST. I cannot get Android Auto to connect on my Focus. I did upgrade the hub in the Focus to the 2017+ part. The F150 works, there are other issues with Waze, not AA. Any logs I can look at to see what is the issue?

It could be your USB cable. I had to buy a new one that supports Android Auto. It’s very important that compatible.

I’m using the cable that came with the Pixel 6a. What cable did you purchase?

I went on Amazon and bought one that was compatible with my phone and Android auto. It fixed all my issues…

7D0-01-01 A328 6503 808C.
The 28 is correct for your vehicle. Changing to 29 would only affect the steering wheel controls.
Try loading the original asbuilt from the factory and then master reset. You will use FORScan and load the entire APIM asbuilt at once, not just edit the lines. You can then go back and change your modifications.

Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I was so fixated on my numbers I didn’t see the “LOAD FACTORY” button staring at me in the bottom of the Forscan ASBUILT format screen. I verified the values Forscan loaded were the same as motorcraftservice.com and gave it a reset. My clock is back up and running! I wonder if one of my past changes invalidated the clock communication.

Turns out the only APIM change I needed to make after the reset was to enable Navigation. Every other change I made was in the BdyCM section so they stuck around.

Thanks again, you fixed it in 5 minutes flat.

The Focus is running a different version than the F150. Focus (3.4.21194), F150 (3.4.22110). I upgraded the focus to 3.4.22110 via the downgrade method, AA doesn’t crash like before. :crossed_fingers: The upgrade did take me way longer that I had expected. I started using the USB port under the radio and the upgrade would crash after about 20 minutes. I was able to get the upgrade to complete by using the USB port in the arm rest.

I guess we are almost sure now that Sync 3 is not being maintained/updated by Ford anymore (i.e. Sync 3.4.22110 is likely to be the last update) :worried:

There will likely be bug fix or security updates but not feature updates. Ford must support Sync 3 for a number of years yet, just as they did Sync 2. I don’t know what the end date is…but there will likely not be future development.

I have this problem also after the update. Focus 2019

I installed 21265 again and now everything works again.

thank you for the installation I came across this forum by accident when troubleshooting problems with sync 3 Ford Edge 2018 reinstalled 3.0 20204 to 3.4 22110 everything works so far only I don’t have an active brightness button

Exciting ! According to the fmods website, SYNC3.4 22200(NU5T-14G381-AA) is coming soon. Also new apim calibration file has been released.The name is 1U5T-14G374-EM .

1 Like

Just waiting for ADMIN to jump in here

Did you get the tiresome voice control sorted out, I have just updated and have the same issue with being asked to spell every word in an address ,or when asking to find a POI