SYNC Generation SYNC 1 Versión de SYNC 3.2

I have a 2011 Lincoln MKS car. I had version 3.2 installed and by mistake I formatted it to factory settings, that is, now I have version 1.1. The SYNC generation is 1 and I would like to return it to at least version 3.2, and if possible to the most current one possible. I have downloaded the automatic installation but when I select the option to install in the car, it sends me a message that the file has not been detected. Can any of you guide me how I should carry out the process? I’m new to the forum and I appreciate any support. greetings.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 3.2

New SYNC Version: 1.1

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
el archivo no se ha encontrado

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 3.4.23188

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

1ee88426-092c-6460-b14d-0242ac120009

Hello.

This is an English community, so please post only in English.

Performing a Factory Reset does not change Sync version, so clarify what you mean.

I have a 2011 Lincoln MKS car. I had version 3.2 installed and by mistake I formatted it to factory settings, that is, now I have version 1.1. The SYNC generation of the car is 1 and I would like to return it to at least version 3.2, and if possible to the most current possible. I have downloaded the automatic installation but when I select the option to install in the car it sends me a message that the file has not been detected. Can any of you guide me how I should carry out the process? I’m new to the forum and appreciate any support. greetings.

I had already translated your opening message to English.
You haven’t provided additional information/context as requested.

Hello again.

The case is that by mistake I returned the audio system to factory settings. This led me to have the initial version of SYNC again. I checked the LINCOLN portal and they informed me that the last version the car had was 3.2. I don’t know if the factory reset has deleted version 3.2. but I realized that the phone no longer automatically connected to SYNC when I started the car.
Faced with such a situation, I have searched the internet and finally I have arrived at this forum where I dare to express my doubts.
I have downloaded the automatic installation of CYANLABS, and I have inserted the USB in the car without having positive results. I have selected the “install” option and a message appears on the screen that “the files cannot be found.”
I understand that having downloaded the automatic installation the installation should start, but it has not. I have downloaded the automatic installation on USB twice without having any results.
These are my download details:
Unique ID: 1ee88426-092c-6460-b14d-0242ac120009
Created date: November 21, 2023 at 07:48:36
CYANLABS - SYN3 UPDATER - V2.12.2.0
Branch: Stable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (2009)

PREVIOUS CONFIGURATION
Version: 3.4.23188
Region: NA
Navigation: True
Install Mode: Auto-Detect (downgrade)
Install Mode Overridden: False
My20 Protection Enabled: Auto-Detect

In advance, I appreciate the attention you are paying to my messages, and I am very attentive to your responses,

Greetings.

As far as I know, performing a factory reset DOES NOT change anything other than removing all user data, but the version should remain the same.

I didn’t, your phone not connecting if because you removed all user data.

There are a lot of things that does not make a lot of sense…
First of all, if you do not have Sync3 (as a product, not version), YOU CAN’T USE SYN3UPDATER. So if you have Sync2, you can’t use this tool.

Also, this is not coherent with what you said before:

Why did you configured it like that?.

So, lets make this simple: post an image of the unit displaying the information in the “About Sync” section, that will show which version you are on.

• “As far as I know, performing a factory reset DOES NOT change anything other than removing all user data, but the version should remain the same.”

Okay. I understand. So then, I still have the version registered in “my Ford”, which is version 3.2. Is there any program in CYANLABS that helps me update to version 4.6, which is the version available according to the “my Ford” website?

• There are a lot of things that does not make a lot of sense…
    First of all, if you do not have Sync3 (as a product, not version), YOU CAN’T USE SYN3UPDATER. So if you have Sync2, you can’t use this tool.

In fact, the phone connects, I have it linked. But the music does not start automatically. Only phone calls come in. It's the only thing that apparently can connect. I remember that before restarting the system, the music connected automatically.

• [quote=“valuadordpm, post:5, topic:11860”]
    PREVIOUS CONFIGURATION
    Version: 3.4.23188
    [/quote]

Why did you configured it like that?.

So, lets make this simple: post an image of the unit displaying the information in the “About Sync” section, that will show which version you are on.

It seemed to me that I should do it that way, but you're right. If I don't have SYNC 3, there was no point in running said file. Where can I generate the information you tell me about “about Sync”?

Is there any other update available for my version 3.2? I finally understood that although I have returned it to factory settings, the version it still has must be 3.2, since they must have overwritten it when they updated it. I also understand that any update will eliminate the previous one to keep the new version as factory.

Thank you very much for addressing my concerns.

Please post an image of the unit displaying the information in the “About Sync” section.

Thank you.

Here are the Sync 1 versions that came out…

Here is how you find out what version you have…

Not SYNC 3, moving to Other Support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.