TCU HJ5T Asbuilt Discussion

Just thought I’d post an update. So far no real change in functionality on my end. Still no EV trip data but everything else seems to function. One thing that has been somewhat constant (doesn’t always happen, but is often enough) is the fuel level is often severely delayed. I had a trip out of town recently and after going through a tank and a half of gas and a number of individual trips, FordPass still was reading a full tank from the starting run while the EV charge was accurate.

That out of the way, it does appear there’s a new calibration/strategy for the H TCU’s out. Timestamp is 9/15.

HJ5T-14G139-UP
HJ5T-14G144-UR

As always, I’ll find time this week, minimum I’ll get to it this weekend, to flash this and report back any new findings.

1 Like

Mine shows it under “My EV driving” now in Fordpass. Thats under the Charging drop down on the vehicle screen.

Yep. Same with mine, just no data. Has never worked for me.

I’m likely going to do another full factory mode/reset when I flash the update. I need to go in and turn off some stuff in my APIM and IPC that I tried but never worked and do the appropriate master reset anyways.

I have a 2020 Fusion Energi, I wonder how different my AsBuilt is on my TCU and if it would help.

I certainly wouldn’t object to having another one to compare to. More data points :slight_smile: . Although I think we’ve largely exhausted those options. Surprisingly doesn’t seem to be much to configure on these TCU’s that sem to make much of a difference (at least for those of us without fancy features like wifi hotspot, customer connectivity settings, etc.).

The update went in pretty uneventfully last night. No changes to report so far. One thing I have noticed and not sure if it is a temporary glitch but I’ll keep tabs on it: Seems the entirety of last night after I flashed the TCU and did a full reset/activation, FordPass was showing the banner at the top of the screen like remote start was active (the actual start button on screen did not indicate this however) even after multiple refreshes through the night. This morning it is gone so I’m hoping it was just a temporary glitch.