"Troubleshooting Sync 3 System: Adding an Extra Camera to a 2015 Ford F150 XLT"

“I have a 2015 Ford F150 XLT with a Sync 3 system and OEM rear camera. The current version is 3.4.22251, and I have no issues with the system. Recently, I got an extension harness that has RCA to add an extra camera with a multi-switch. However, my issue is that as soon as I plug the harness, I get a blue screen when I’m in reverse or activating my rear cam. As soon as I remove the harness, the camera works fine. Now, my question is, is there something that I need to change in the as-built to fix this blue screen since my camera is an add-on and I already have the OEM rear cam? The RCA plug is not touching any type of metal, just so you know.”

First you want to get off .22251, it’s buggy and get on .21265 or .23188 .
Second, the answer is pretty obvious, you’ve either got a bad kit or it’s not compatible with a vehicle that has had a MFT/Sync3 upgrade performed.
Have you contacted the company you got the kit out of?

1 Like

That would no longer be a camera on the LIN bus so you could start by changing that in Forscan.

1 Like

The reason I don’t update this APIM is the following: I have a second MY20 APIM from 2022 updated to the latest version with the same mods as my 2016 APIM version 22251. It won’t play videos on that APIM. I’ve tried different USB cables, USB hubs, and I even reformatted the MY20 APIM and loaded a different version (22251), but it still won’t play. I reinstalled all the mods, but nothing changed. That’s the only reason I’m still on version 22251. As for the cable, I tried contacting the eBay user, but received no response. I’m thinking maybe the cables pin 14-15 are backwards on the harness

Hey Bill, would changing that setting affect my OEM rear cam? Or can I use them both? Also, I noticed there’s an auxiliary cam setting in the as-built, do you know what that does?

In which case I would down grade to 3.4.21265, it doesn’t require a reformat.
If you’re not going to do that then I would recommend creating an RW Data cleaner USB, the major bug introduced in .22251 was that the RW Data fills up and it will eventually cause issue with BlueTooth, settings saving, etc. The bug didn’t get fixed completely until .23188 .

Do you know if i was to load a my 17 img into a my20 apim would it work?

Not following, are you referring to the calibration, AB or ?

“I did some testing on my bench with my 20 APIM and connected an external camera. It seems to work, but the image is only black and white. I suspect that since the rear camera is not sending an image, the system is only picking up the external camera. How can I make both cameras work together?”

Yes, changing that will make it so the OEM camera will not work.

Basically, what you are trying to do is simulate the 360 degree view system, which uses an IPMB to control the cameras and format the video before being sent to the APIM for display. You will need all of the cameras connected to the device shown in the pic above, and that device will need to control the cameras operation. You can’t mix the systems since the APIM will not know about one or the other.

2 Likes

Hey Chief thank you for your response is there anything i need to move on the asbuilt for this to work ?

Just maybe the 360 settings. Do you have a manual for this thing?

Just this

Leave the Sync settings alone and just wire it in to the video input for the OEM camera. You will need to wire the triggers appropriately as indicated. I think this is really only a single camera at a time, as each camera has a trigger. Don’t know if it does a true panorama.

It Doesn’t:
360 Panoramic driving auxiliary system without quad function
360 Panoramic Driving Auxiliary System Without Quad Function - Buy 360 Panoramic System,Panoramic Driving System,360 Panoramic Driving System Product on Alibaba.com

360 Panoramic driving auxiliary system

1. Product Description
    4 to 1 Intelligent 360 Panoramic Switcher is supposed to add more video inputs for cameras when it’s connected with video interface for different car models. It’s sort of DIY solution
    for customers with easy installation. The switcher can work with video interface, aftermarket Car DVD or Monitor.
  2. Specifications
    1). Four video inputs: Left view, Right view, Front view and Reverse view. There is + 12V power supply for each video input.
    2). Four video outputs share with one video channel with the same power trigger line.
    3). When each camera gets power supply from the corresponding car lamp, the display could show the correct video channel by turn on left and right indicator or back up. When you turn “R” to other gear, the display will show front view for 7 seconds (It’s optional). After 7 seconds, it gets back video output closed state.
    Cable color refers to: 12V power + (Red cable), GND-(Black cable), Left indicator (White cable), Right indicator (Green cable) and Back-up lamp (Blue cable)
    4). The product itself has designed the product power and the camera supply protection circuit, carries on the protection to the camera and the vehicle circuit.
    5). It adopts wireless remote control.
    6). Wide voltage VCC 8–16V; If it’s applied in the truck, you can use a 24V to 12V transformer.

You need to connect the triggers for the rear camera. Blue is output with no active video, so you’re halfway there.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.