Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Thank you for the files. It just won’t take either of those calibration files (GB5T-14G375-CA/DA). I’m speaking with FORscan support about it. I have the newest test version of FORscan, a brand new replacement EX adapter, and fresh files.

I appreciate the assistance, I’ll report back.

1 Like

Hi All,
I have updated the APIM software. I have SYNC 3 version 3.4 19.274. Is it possible to upgrade to version 20196?

I was able to update my APIM with 2.4.2

This is what I ended up with

Today I ran 2.4.3 It showed there was an update to the Strategy file

But I cannot download it. I keep getting the “failed /retry” error. If I switch back to 2.4.2 Everything is up to date. Any Ideas?

Is this the latest version?

1 Like

20196 is the latest.

FORScan will not download the files, all the sites have been shut off, or no permission. You can ask Cyan very nicely to supply you with the file in the Cal Files thread.

I have a Coyote 5.0 also, love the engine!

1 Like

But do you know why the two versions report different things?. Which is correct?

Just an update in 2.4.3. It looks like you have a very early 2019.

3.2/3.3 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware (Production Release)
GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-DA
1U5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
JB5T-14G379-BA

See your PM.

This is posted on the FORScan Forum:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51588#p51588

Update 2020-09-23: v2.4 is temporarily removed from the site because of number of people that don’t really understand what they do and brick their modules or even cars, then panicking and attack our support and paralyze our normal work. So new roadmap is:
1. Create a comprehensive programming guide (manual)
2. Make any china ELM327 disabled for programming function by default. User will be able to explicitly enable it, though. Unfortunately, experience shows that using these adapters for MFU is a kind of playing Russian roulette.
3. Make v2.4 available, but not from the Products page. The idea is to make it available to the users that have read the programming guide.
We are sorry for the trouble.

Hello.
Where to download Forscan version 2.4 to get the APIM update?

Scroll up the thread…

I read, but maybe someone has and would send it.
Because I have a problem with Sync3 and the logos of the stations do not appear after updating. Maybe someone can help.

1 Like

Is it safe ? can something go wrong?
Should I use this guide? Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

This is my hosted version of the exe so yes it’s fine.

Will it help in my case?
I have a Ford Escape from 2018. USA imported to Poland. How do I update APIM, the logos will show up? Does it make sense?
I have the Viaken ST1170 V3 cable, will it be good?
Maybe I need to change ACM or APIM to EU version?

I checked through forscan and I get something like in the photo. Can I safely update?

If you are trying to get radio station logos on a 2018 Ford Escape (USA), don’t bother. The radio (ACM) will likely need to be replaced with an EU version and programmed . Also, the APIM will need to be programmed for the ACM. It’s a US car, no DAB.

And everything is clear for a chance.
I have to exchange ACM for EU and that’s it. I expected such information.

Can anyone help me. The update was not cfiled apim omplete. The radio does not turn on, what to do?