Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

@F150Chief - thank you so much - I’ll give it a try and let you know how it went through :+1:

can you send me a link for 2.4.3?

PM’d you a working link. They pulled all beta downloads from their site.

1 Like

Can you send me the 2.4.3 link, please?

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZFkZpRIb9kn5rYNYhcPPnQOl9RT-ZCSh/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

I have 3.4.20196 installed. I updated apim. This picture is after the update. I also changed the value for 7D0-02-03 from 0005-E1 to 0C05-E1, but it threw a checksum error and changed it to 0C05-ED. I got calm screen enabled but no radio station logos on FM in north america. Any ideas? Already performed a master reset.

2017 Ford Escape Titaanium 1.5L Ecoboost.

Your value should be 0405 xx not 0C05 xx. You don’t have a traffic modem. There are no logos in US, we do not have DAB. FORScan will automatically calculate the checksum and fill that in for you.

If you could, fill out your profile for your car, please.

I’m still battling to clean up the mess I got myself into and I would appreciate any input on the following problems:

1. GL3T-14C026-BF (I need the .vbf file)
  2. GL3T-14C088-AF (I need the .vbf file)
  3. GB5T-14G375-CA (appears to be corrupt)
  4. GB5T-14G375-DA (appears to be corrupt)
  5. DTC U3000 on APIM (checksum issue, related to not being able to load 14G375 file?)
  6. DTC U0559 on BCM

In reference to #3 and #4… a few of you were nice enough to lead me to those files previously, but no matter how many times I’ve tried on different adapters with different FORscan versions, I could not get them to load. Opening them up with notepad shows a very short legible header and then no content following. Opening other files similar to those shows the same legible header with a large amount of illegible content following. Those same two files are served by FORscan, which I believe may have contributed to my problem to begin with. FORscan suggests that I need the CA file, but I’ve read elsewhere that the DA file is for 32GB Nav units in NA, so that’s why I’m seeking both… to see which one works.

Again, any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Deleted

Deleted

2 Likes

Thank you for the files. It just won’t take either of those calibration files (GB5T-14G375-CA/DA). I’m speaking with FORscan support about it. I have the newest test version of FORscan, a brand new replacement EX adapter, and fresh files.

I appreciate the assistance, I’ll report back.

1 Like

Hi All,
I have updated the APIM software. I have SYNC 3 version 3.4 19.274. Is it possible to upgrade to version 20196?

I was able to update my APIM with 2.4.2

This is what I ended up with

Today I ran 2.4.3 It showed there was an update to the Strategy file

But I cannot download it. I keep getting the “failed /retry” error. If I switch back to 2.4.2 Everything is up to date. Any Ideas?

Is this the latest version?

1 Like

20196 is the latest.

FORScan will not download the files, all the sites have been shut off, or no permission. You can ask Cyan very nicely to supply you with the file in the Cal Files thread.

I have a Coyote 5.0 also, love the engine!

1 Like

But do you know why the two versions report different things?. Which is correct?

Just an update in 2.4.3. It looks like you have a very early 2019.

3.2/3.3 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware (Production Release)
GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-DA
1U5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
JB5T-14G379-BA

See your PM.

This is posted on the FORScan Forum:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51588#p51588

Update 2020-09-23: v2.4 is temporarily removed from the site because of number of people that don’t really understand what they do and brick their modules or even cars, then panicking and attack our support and paralyze our normal work. So new roadmap is:
1. Create a comprehensive programming guide (manual)
2. Make any china ELM327 disabled for programming function by default. User will be able to explicitly enable it, though. Unfortunately, experience shows that using these adapters for MFU is a kind of playing Russian roulette.
3. Make v2.4 available, but not from the Products page. The idea is to make it available to the users that have read the programming guide.
We are sorry for the trouble.

Hello.
Where to download Forscan version 2.4 to get the APIM update?