Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Scroll up the thread…

I read, but maybe someone has and would send it.
Because I have a problem with Sync3 and the logos of the stations do not appear after updating. Maybe someone can help.

1 Like

Is it safe ? can something go wrong?
Should I use this guide? Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

This is my hosted version of the exe so yes it’s fine.

Will it help in my case?
I have a Ford Escape from 2018. USA imported to Poland. How do I update APIM, the logos will show up? Does it make sense?
I have the Viaken ST1170 V3 cable, will it be good?
Maybe I need to change ACM or APIM to EU version?

I checked through forscan and I get something like in the photo. Can I safely update?

If you are trying to get radio station logos on a 2018 Ford Escape (USA), don’t bother. The radio (ACM) will likely need to be replaced with an EU version and programmed . Also, the APIM will need to be programmed for the ACM. It’s a US car, no DAB.

And everything is clear for a chance.
I have to exchange ACM for EU and that’s it. I expected such information.

Can anyone help me. The update was not cfiled apim omplete. The radio does not turn on, what to do?

You have installed incompatible calibration, restore your old ones or find others.

Or maybe a hint on how to do it

Restore the original calibration files to the unit.
What adapter are you using?
Is this a US car imported?

1 Like

yes this is a car from the usa. This is what the files looked like before the update.

I have an OBDLink EX adapter

Could you please help me with the exact files I have to upload? Escspe 2017 rok

1 Like

Check your PM…Resolved.

For those of you looking to enable station logos on your Sync equipped US vehicle imported to Europe, here are 2 threads illustrating changes needed for the ACM and APIM. As I understand, the settings in the threads allege that you will have EU frequencies and RDS. I do not know if this will fix the logo issue, but that is not specifically addressed. There are mentions of updating the firmware for the ACM as well as replacement.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4346

https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4989

2 Likes

Hello, I updated my APIM but the USB Image still shows incompatible. Is there a different one I need to download somewhere? Vin 1FMCU0JDXHUE72581

Thanks!

Don’t do anything with the USB image

1 Like