Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

That’s normal. The usb image is the OS app, or Sync app, loaded thru USB not FORScan. (ie. usb, 8033). The other items are loaded thru CANBUS…

Looking to update my ASBUILT for my 2017 Ford Fusion, specifically Calm Screen and Radio Logos. Just want to make sure this is right and have two questions.

1. I do have a Sync Connect modem, but only for basic remote features (start,stop,lock,unlock) Do I need to make OTM Available, or is that specifically for traffic? I do not have Navigation either.

2. I don’t see any description for AACF other than AA OE channel feature. What is this, Do I need that enabled or disabled?

3. Assuming I choose OTM Not Available, and AACF Disabled, I’m looking to change 7D0-02-03 to #7##-## - Would that make sense?

You’re in the US, no radio logos other than what is on HD FM.

Providing the APIM firmware supports it, change 7D0-02-03 to #4##-##.

1 Like

Thanks F150chief. In this case I won’t mess with it. Didn’t realize it was only HD Radio stations

Do we know from anyone with a 2019 and above car/APIM/ACM if they see radio logos and album art? Does anyone lower that 2019 see these on their current APIMs?

1 Like

No radio logos on my 2019 Mustang.

You’re in PA? Could you fill out your profile for the car, etc?

No radio logos in the US other than SiriusXM (sat radio) and HD FM radio. So the radio logo thing is only for Europe, etc., but not the US (or NA).

Summary

The sat radio logos are hit and miss and the NON-NAV units really don’t support them well at all, maybe because they handle that differently, less storage, who knows. HD radio will support the logos, etc., but it is up to the station to support that, and if it costs money, yet bet they do the minimum.

Now, SiriusXM radio is completely changed in the late 2019 and on Ford and Lincoln vehicles. Ford finally stepped up and changed the sat receiver to the XM standard, which means you can get all 500+ channels available. (Theoretically 500? or marketing?) This is for the US only. Up till this change, the Sirius XM radios in the vehicles are really just Sirius with some XM channels. The XM format is much better with audio and nav services.

To get the newer XM format in an older vehicle, you need to swap the ACM and program the APIM to talk to it, new SDL protocol. All easily done, but for some reason no one has gotten it to work yet. Mystery.

OK updated my profile. So the new radios have the higher level XM stations that are only available if you get the streaming package on Sirius/XM?
Would be interested in swapping the ACM and seeing what happens but will have to wait and see if anyone gets it to work

There is a thread started here for this…the channels are over the air and streaming.

Not going to lie i haven’t followed this thread but i have a EU 2019, radio logos show i never did any calibration updates

1 Like

pardon my asking but I can only get forscan 2.3.35 for windows. Where do I get 2.4 or is that only if you pay?

2.4 has been removed from the forscan site due to issues (people bricking their vehicles), when it eventually does come back up, you need a paid license (not a trial) to obtain calibration files

2 Likes

On a 2019 EU Fiesta that has not been converted from older hardware, etc., it should have no issues doing so. And need no updates. But, lots of folks import cars from elsewhere or upgrade to new hardware not OEM and end up with the logo issues (and other issues as well). 2018+ should work right out of the box, probably even the 2017 EU cars.

Forscan is not available for download.

If you are referring to version 2.4.x then that is correct. But the regular version 2.3.xx is available.

1 Like

Helle everyone,

I tried to update my APIM today but I am stuck at this screen.

Download button doesn’t do anything either.

What am I doing wrong ? I am using forscan 2.4.3.

Forscan stopped this function due to people bricking their APIM ? Thanks

I would urge you to wait until the new release of FORScan is released. There is no release date at this point. 2.4.3 is a beta version not released.

FORScan at this point will not download firmware, all those links were discontinued.

Yes.

1 Like

Ok, I should have done this update earlier.

Anyway by changing the value in APIM AsBuit I got some of the radio logos of my country and calm screen, but they’re gone after a master reset.

Wait and see than.

You will need to upgrade the firmware to make them permanent.

1 Like

Yes I know that. :innocent: