Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

No worries, hopefully it solves it!

Good day,
I want to ask, I can’t update the firmware because I don’t have the option in Forscan tot.

But I managed to allow logos in it, but they don’t appear.

And I will change according to this description:
8b. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DAB (USA/Rest of world): Set 7D0-02-03 to X C XX-XX (keep the X’s at your current value) and press Write.

This means that it will look like this:
7D0-02-03-0c05-e7?

Thank you

I understand correctly that I will change the position in the image to:

Please carefully read the top post, you need a specific version of forscan to do this. The latest version of 3.4.20282 appears to enable logos without the need for calibration update, but not deep sleep.

1 Like

Good day,

originally, I had since version 3.3. quiet screen. I see the effort of some logos after the update you mentioned, but it doesn’t show anything, just an empty box with a question mark.

I’m deleting your messages as they are not relevant to this thread, create a seperate one will full information on what you are doing as it is not clear.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Car color in the dashboard

Hello everyone,

Anyone have these files handy ?

GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-EK
1U5T-14G375-CA
GB5T-14G379-AA
5U5T-14G379-BC

Thanks a lot !!

Regards,
Glenn

1 Like

There is the new 1U5T-14G374-EL

Bye, Giorgio.

The latest Calibration Level shown by Forscan is LU5T-14G371-BMF

Btw, it’s for a Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4, US variant.

The files you listed above are the latest US spec production versions for your vehicle application. What are the calibration and strategy currently installed? (Except -CA?)
Is there a particular reason you are updating the firmware on your 2020 Ranger? I have not heard or seen any new features or fixes for the latest APIM’s. (Doesn’t mean there aren’t any.)

Late 2020 builds have these:
3.4 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware (20200825)
GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-EK
1U5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
5U5T-14G379-BC

I actually wanted to compare them before I flash it.
About the reason to flash, I just like the latest firmware.
Or is that a bad idea ?

Btw, mine doesn’t have navigation…

1 Like

Did this clean everything up for you?

Hey, any more information on why the newer firmware is not recommended/supported for this version of APIM? I have a similar unit (see screen shot attached) and am looking to try to add a TCU and enable Ford Pass/Sync Connect menus. Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

With the model (year) of APIM you have, you will not be able to see the hotspot menus and some other features as the hardware will not support the firmware properly. If you are going to add a TCU, it is best to have MY18.5+ hardware (part numbers beginning with J or K, rather than G) and firmware to enable the features properly. There is a very extensive thread on this for the F-150 trucks:

Sync Connect Retrofit (in any Ford). - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

1 Like

For NON-NAV, -CA would be correct then…

It’s not a bad idea about flashing the firmware, but a matter of what it will get you. In this case, flashing the firmware will not enable any new features, since you are rather recent anyways. But it won’t hurt anything either.

Thanks…I’ll report back after flashing it

By the way, there is a much newer version of FORScan 2.4.3 beta available (2021-02-24). You appear to be using a build from 2020-09-20. If you are going to be doing any sort of flashing it would probably be best to grab the newest beta build to be safer as it also has a new recovery mode function in case things go wrong.

2 Likes

OK, so it boils down to a hardware limitation. Thanks. I was hoping to avoid sourcing a new APIM, but there seems to be no way around that in my case.

Also, thanks for the link though I’m already up to date on that thread. I didn’t find a whole lot more information relating to updating the firmware on ‘G’ APIMs, other than a generalized statement that some users have reported difficulty. Your earlier post was the first instance I could find of someone seeming to know more details related to it!

Thanks! I noticed this too and did update to the 2021-02-24 release shortly after capturing that screen grab. :wink:

I was actually thinking I may even have to downgrade to 2.4.0 as there were some earlier posts about 2.4.3 having bugs that were causing issues. Not entirely sure if they’ve been addressed in the latest release of 2.4.3. But it seems my best route will be to source a newer APIM anyway, so once I get that newer APIM up and running, then I may go back and play around with the original APIM to see what damage I can do ahaha

1 Like

If I recall correctly, FORScan 2.4.3 beta available 2021-02-24 and 2020-09-20 were never released on the FORScan website. These were test builds to resolve issues. The last release on the website was 2.4.2.

2.4.0 has issues on it’s own. I would stick with the latest build unless you experience issues.

As far as the APIM, that really is the best way to go and it will just work. I’ve done a few and it makes life so much easier…and breaking the old APIM is one of the reasons I learned so much about this.

2 Likes