Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

I would suggest resetting your IPC with forscan if you can. Also reload the as built

1 Like

I have try to reboot the IPC with forscan, take the battery off, master reset, nothing help

1 Like

I guess you could also try to update/rewrite the firmware with FORscan as well. Make sure you have a backup of the firmware that is on there already and hook your car up to a 12V charger.

Where can i get the firmware ?

1 Like

Either here by requesting it if you know the filename, or via FORScan. You need to have an unreleased beta version (2.4.0 or higher) in order to access the module firmware update functions. I think the latest beta is 2.4.3 released on Dec 31, 2020. Again, these are not public betas so you would either have to request it from the FORScan team or find it online from someone willing to share it.

1 Like

Okay, i hear from a ford mechanic that there actually is a new IPC update for my car. Maybe i let ford try to update it and then see if its gone. Thanks for your answer and help

1 Like

No worries, hopefully it solves it!

Good day,
I want to ask, I can’t update the firmware because I don’t have the option in Forscan tot.

But I managed to allow logos in it, but they don’t appear.

And I will change according to this description:
8b. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DAB (USA/Rest of world): Set 7D0-02-03 to X C XX-XX (keep the X’s at your current value) and press Write.

This means that it will look like this:
7D0-02-03-0c05-e7?

Thank you

I understand correctly that I will change the position in the image to:

Please carefully read the top post, you need a specific version of forscan to do this. The latest version of 3.4.20282 appears to enable logos without the need for calibration update, but not deep sleep.

1 Like

Good day,

originally, I had since version 3.3. quiet screen. I see the effort of some logos after the update you mentioned, but it doesn’t show anything, just an empty box with a question mark.

I’m deleting your messages as they are not relevant to this thread, create a seperate one will full information on what you are doing as it is not clear.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Car color in the dashboard

Hello everyone,

Anyone have these files handy ?

GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-EK
1U5T-14G375-CA
GB5T-14G379-AA
5U5T-14G379-BC

Thanks a lot !!

Regards,
Glenn

1 Like

There is the new 1U5T-14G374-EL

Bye, Giorgio.

The latest Calibration Level shown by Forscan is LU5T-14G371-BMF

Btw, it’s for a Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4, US variant.

The files you listed above are the latest US spec production versions for your vehicle application. What are the calibration and strategy currently installed? (Except -CA?)
Is there a particular reason you are updating the firmware on your 2020 Ranger? I have not heard or seen any new features or fixes for the latest APIM’s. (Doesn’t mean there aren’t any.)

Late 2020 builds have these:
3.4 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware (20200825)
GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-EK
1U5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
5U5T-14G379-BC

I actually wanted to compare them before I flash it.
About the reason to flash, I just like the latest firmware.
Or is that a bad idea ?

Btw, mine doesn’t have navigation…

1 Like

Did this clean everything up for you?

Hey, any more information on why the newer firmware is not recommended/supported for this version of APIM? I have a similar unit (see screen shot attached) and am looking to try to add a TCU and enable Ford Pass/Sync Connect menus. Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

With the model (year) of APIM you have, you will not be able to see the hotspot menus and some other features as the hardware will not support the firmware properly. If you are going to add a TCU, it is best to have MY18.5+ hardware (part numbers beginning with J or K, rather than G) and firmware to enable the features properly. There is a very extensive thread on this for the F-150 trucks:

Sync Connect Retrofit (in any Ford). - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

1 Like