Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Hi,
Sorry but It doesn’t work. For park assist and for fm logo stations.
Bye

2 Likes

Send me your PAM module asbuilt.

Hi @F150chief

Sorry, this is my APIM. I send you Pam config later.
Thank’s

1 Like

F150Chief,
So I procured a replacement APIM, in hopes of getting the Cover Art etc.

I do get Calm Screen now, but no Cover Art. HD works as it did before.

Below is the Firmware versions, not sure if I should push an upgrade.
any pointers?

Thanks!

Since you have calm screen working with a 2017 APIM, there is really nothing to be gained as far as features by upgrading the firmware. If you choose to do so, make sure you download the original files in case you need to recover. This unit will upgrade but I would just stick with what is available thru FORScan.

As far as the HD radio and Sirius cover art, these are sent over the air on both platforms. SiriusXM cover art seems to be hit and miss on pre-2019 ACM (radio) modules. HD radio cover art is not supported in the Ford ACM. (This might have changed recently with Sync 4, but I have seen no info about it.) USB artwork is supplied thru Gracenotes or from the media file, depending on your settings for Gracenotes. CarPlay and Android Auto can use Gracenotes if enabled.

Here are some discussions about this on the forum:
3.4.20196 Album Art Question - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community
SiriusXM Album Art/Logos in 3.4.20282 - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community
Upgraded to 3.4 lost HD Radio - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

Hi @F150Chief
I have change my ACM after APIM update to 3.4. Do you think I need to restart update to 3.4 with this acm connected for FM logo stations.

Bye

No, the ACM is separate.

Finally got around to playing with the recommended ACM values. Did Master reset from Sync screen, did a module reset, turned ignition off…opened & closed door several times. No HD radio.
I’m thinking I’ll need to flash new firmware on at least the ACIM and possibly the APM.

What is the part number of the ACM? It will be in the FORScan Module List…

It also says FW versions BK, BL, BM, and BM are available to update

The issue is the ACM you have, HP5T-18D818-BM, does not have HD Radio. You will need to replace the ACM with the proper unit, HP5T-18D818-GD. Updating the firmware will not give you HD Radio, this is a physical tuner in the radio portion of the ACM.

HP5T-18D818-GE will also work.

1 Like

Hi,
I can’t access to Pam asbuilt.
I have check and finaly I just have 10 captors.

Bye

Maybe this is a question for @Louage ?

Since you updated the firmware on the PAM module, have you scanned a new profile in FORScan? You need to do this…

Good shout on creating a new profile, it may then appear.

If not, I’d recommend getting a newer revision pam from ebay. They don’t go for a lot.

Ok but with 10 captors can i do more than basic park assist ?

Unless I’m completely crazy, It had HD radio when it was on Sync 3.0. I would bet my life on it. I only upgraded to 3.4 3 weeks ago. I remember the HD logo on the screen, the Station logos on the screen, everything.

Are you certain that model indicates it doesn’t have HD? I’m literally stunned. Nonetheless, not having HD radio is not a huge deal…… I just wanted to “get back what I lost” when I upgraded to Sync 3.4.

Any point in risking firmware updates to the APIM & ACM now or just not worth the risk?

Thanks for your assistance!

I would think you could do one of the two below:
08=APA Lite (10 or less Sensors) (Parallel Park Only)
09=APA Lite Plus (SAPP/POA - 10 Channel) (10 Sensors) (Parallel and Park Out Only)

I think that the APIM setting was for HD Radio and displayed that you had it, but you never did. The model tag does not indicate the unit has HD Radio, and in other forums people have swapped out the HP5T-18D818-BM unit with the HP5T-18D818-GD unit to upgrade to HD Radio. Your firmware is fine, leave it be.

Here is the inside of the HP5T-18D818-BM unit…notice the missing chip.

Here is the inside of the HP5T-18D818-GD unit. Notice the HD Radio chip.

Your not crazy, I’m sure your mother had you tested!

No audio and volume control after HD ACM upgrade - Audio, Navigation and SYNC - Lincoln MKZ Forum - Lincoln Zephyr Forum

1 Like

Hi,
I have tested with 07, 08 and 09 but I don’t have the différents icons on the screen and APIM say me overspeed and to slow down even if I’m stopped.
Bye