Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Thanks again I’ll give that a go.

Here is the picture before I go programming it. As you can mine is already missing the sound and illumination.

Where can I get the illumination from or what one do I need?

The illumination file is included above.

Strategy (F188): HB5T-14G374-CA
Calibration (F124) : HB5T-14G375-FA
ECU Configuration/Sound Profiles (F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Configuration/Illumination Strategy (F16B): HB5T-14G379-BA

Continuing the discussion from Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files):

Interesting…I did get both the APIM and the ACM from the same vehicle (a 2017 Focus SEL, or so I was led to believe). And yes they were both obtained via EBay. I have no issues at all with either unit actually - I just happened to notice that the vin displayed is not for my vehicle…

Why is it red out on the illumination why won’t it allow me to select it?

Thanks again

You have an old version of FORScan. See your PM…

Does the FORScan log indicate it can’t read the information?

That is weird. Have you programmed or reformatted the unit, or just install it as it came to you? You could run the APIM Interrogator Tool and see what it reports.

Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Hello! I installed it pretty much as it came (over a year ago), then I did some as-built tweaks to make it perfect for my Focus ST. It was originally on 3.0, so I then jumped on here to CyanLabs, learned the ropes and did two different updates separated by a year or so, to finally bring it to where it is now (latest software and also latest maps available for this generation of SYNC3). Everything I did went pretty much flawlessly and the unit also works flawlessly.

OK, sounds like it should report correctly, but it doesn’t. No harm, but it would be nice to be correct. It could be just an issue with the platform of the vehicle, 2013 Focus is a C1 (C1CMA) platform. Older communications and format.

Makes sense - would the APIM interrogator tell me anything more of interest do you think ?
What’s your thoughts on upgrading firmware to get SiriusXM channel logos ?

1 Like

The consensus on several websites like F-150Forums and 2GFusions is that the firmware update will not fix the Sirius logos. From what I have seen, I believe this to be correct.

I’ve included @avdonr to see if he has any comments.

Also…I stated:
The APIM gets the VIN from the BCM (or IPC?) and is not coded into the APIM.
It gets it from the FCIM, the display unit with the buttons, tuning, and volume knobs.

Hey Jaco,

I have exactly the same problem and APIM version as you do, but I’ve been a lot less enduring to find a solution for the problem.

Could you please be so kind and send me the files you got from the Forscan support?

I’d be super happy and grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.

It was simply I needed to restart forscan. I happen to have a more newer version then you if you want it ( 20210808).

Okay I followed your instructions and it said it was flashed successfully and I know it’s updated because I can now enable calm screen but my main issue is still there. The steering wheel controls are working fine but the physical buttons on the screen (volume up, next track etc…) are still not working.

In my head if this unit is now technically 18.5 apim it should work with the new screens. You think I need to enable something in forscan?

Sync version is 3.4 20136.

Here is after the flash:

Or is there different files I would need?

Big thanks again for helping me much appreciate the support.

Run the APIM Interrogator and post the xml file. Or pm it to me.

Buttons on the APIM screen or the buttons on the panel?

Hi all,any one can share google driver link of newest forscan version v2.4.3 test 20210628?The one in forscan download not work I guess it’s been removed, I was using v2.4.3 test20200920 for IPC firmware update but always service procedure interrupted,will check if new version get luck,thank you so much for help

could you pls share a link for v2.4.3 test 20210808?Thank you so much

See your PM…

Updating APIM firmware does not give you Sirius logos as far as I can tell. Logos are provided only with a newer audio head unit as the newer models have a “proper” industry standard Sirius radio implementation. The last gen AHU’s do not provide logo support.

1 Like

Will someone share a link to the latest Forscan? devolper version where you can update apim

Hi sir,could you pls check the link?what downloaded from link is not an exe install file,seems corrupted.

You have to add the .exe at the end of the file name. This gets around the virus scanners, etc., which will not let you download files of that nature.

Make sure you update your adapters!
ScanTool OBDLink EX Firmware Notice - Ver. 5.6.19 Available - Ford / General - CyanLabs Official Community