Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Hi all i need this vbf files please
DS7T-14C026-BJM
DS7T-14C026-AJK
DS7T-14C088-BJK
DS7T-14C088-AJK
for mkz 2013 cluster so i want speedometer and tire pressure and red line RPM

Hey all, New member here. I own a 2014 focus st2 and Iā€™ve recently upgraded to sync 3 as well as upgraded to the 17 cluster and steering wheel. Everything works; digital speedo, all steering wheel controls. Carplay, Navi. Everything. But I was wondering if anyone else has done this (specifically the cluster) and would be able to help me with the as built for the cluster and apim. Basically I just want to make sure everything it correct. I know that initially the compass wasnā€™t working in my cluster and I saw something on a forum that gave me a bit to change and I changed it and it worked, but nothing I do will get Navi in cluster. Pretty much just wondering if anyone has the as built for the cluster and apim theyā€™d be willing to share or show me so I can check. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Hello! I have successfully done pretty much exactly what you have done in my 2013 Focus ST1. I have SYNC3 with built-in navigation out of a 2017 Focus SEL, as well as a facelift IPC and aux Gage pack and a facelift (flat bottom) steering wheel. Everything works. The navigation repeater in the IPC also works, for both built-in nav and also nav via Android Auto. Navigation repeater via Apple Carplay does NOT work, but that is a known limitation.
Shoot me your email address and Iā€™ll share my as-built files

1 Like

Can anyone give a working link to the latest version of Forscan 2.4.3? All the links above do not work.

If you email the Forscan team they will send you a link for it. Might have to be a paid member for them to help you though.

1 Like

The email for support is [email protected]. You need to have a paid license for support with FORScan.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping someone could help me. I tried to update sync 3 apim navigation uk model. I know I have bricked it but I have the original files if that helps but Iā€™m hoping I can save it maybe?

Here is the first picture before I programmed it

Here is what it was after I programmed it

(See below comment can only post one image)

I know I have messed up somewhere. Used the correct cable and battery on charger. It said it programmed successfully but the apim was bricked. Also used latest forscan beta requested through support.

Let me explain backstory I got a 2019 transit custom with sync 3 apim but I wanted a navigation
so I bought one with navigation hooked it up but the buttons on the new sync were not compatible and needed to be flashed to work as it was from a 2016 vehicle I believe. Well I went ahead flashed it and then bricked it. Iā€™m not worried as I put back the original apim but would like to try and recover it.

Many thanks

Second image after flashed

1 Like

Post 1 picture is the PAMā€¦

A couple of things here:

1. You are placing older APIM module in a newer vehicle, which will have restrictions/incompatibilities, as the older APIM hardware was not designed for the newer software/firmware. The 2016 hardware (Pre-18.5 model year) will not work for what you want to do.
  2. To do this correctly and maintain the features you want, you will need to obtain a 2019 APIM, part number begins with K or 4. (Example: KL3T or 4U5Tā€¦) The screens are the same, so you only need the APIM module itself.
  3. The Gen 1 APIMā€™s (2016) are really finicky about the firmware and will brick easily. Recovery is straight forward. To recover the 2016 APIM, follow the instructions in the attached file. You can use either the XXXX-14G375-HA, or -FA file.

APIM Firmware Flash Rescue Gen 1 (G-2016).txt (1.3 KB)

Ah sorry about the screenshot I thought I attached the correct one.

Thanks for the reply and the instructions worked great and I was able to recover the APIM.

1. Do you know what firmware I can try to upgrade to turn it into 18.5 model and see if it works or not? I believe ChrisD (above user) was able to make it work. Do you have the files I can test?

2. I would like to resort that to the very last step if step 1. fails.

3. Thank you very much as stated above it worked great.

Thanks for your help.

@F150Chief - sorry to beat a pretty dead horse here - but what is the definitive answer about getting radio station logos for SiriusXM in the US (I understand that FM and/or FM HD Radio station logos are not possible with ACM and APIM units, at least not prior to 2019 or 2020) ?

I have SYNC3 APIM and ACM (with HD Radio and SiriusXM radio) from 2017 Focus NA installed and working perfect in 2013 Focus NA. Is it worth trying the firmware update to get SiriusXM channel logos?

On a somewhat related note, I just noticed that my SYNC system is coded with the VIN from a car that is not mine (actually that VIN is from a 2014 Ford Focus - which is also weird, because SYNC3 was not released in 2014ā€¦??).
Is there a way to code the APIM to reflect my carā€™s actual VIN ?

@jaco2201 Posted this afterwards.

Set FORScan to CUSTOM and load the files below. You need all of them, in the pic above you are missing the illumination file.

The APIM gets the VIN from the BCM (or IPC?) and is not coded into the APIM. Did you purchase this APIM from eBay or Alibaba? Looks like maybe the seller hardcoded the VIN in the EMMC (?). Could be a reason for some other issues.

Thanks again Iā€™ll give that a go.

Here is the picture before I go programming it. As you can mine is already missing the sound and illumination.

Where can I get the illumination from or what one do I need?

The illumination file is included above.

Strategy (F188): HB5T-14G374-CA
Calibration (F124) : HB5T-14G375-FA
ECU Configuration/Sound Profiles (F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Configuration/Illumination Strategy (F16B): HB5T-14G379-BA

Continuing the discussion from Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files):

Interestingā€¦I did get both the APIM and the ACM from the same vehicle (a 2017 Focus SEL, or so I was led to believe). And yes they were both obtained via EBay. I have no issues at all with either unit actually - I just happened to notice that the vin displayed is not for my vehicleā€¦

Why is it red out on the illumination why wonā€™t it allow me to select it?

Thanks again

You have an old version of FORScan. See your PMā€¦

Does the FORScan log indicate it canā€™t read the information?

That is weird. Have you programmed or reformatted the unit, or just install it as it came to you? You could run the APIM Interrogator Tool and see what it reports.

Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community