Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

There is another app that was written for the Focus platform specifically (called Focccus) - unlike Forscan it does allow odometer mileage adjustments to be written to the IPC (only upwards) as a hex value. I have done this successfully in the past when I changed my cluster. I can see that Focccus allows the display of the VIN stored in the FCDIM, but no obvious way to change it.

Forscan allows mileage to be written also and only upwards.

1 Like

For some reason I like having a physical disc player still…I was looking at Explorer ACMs in particular - from what I can see they all changed to the new format (with the square wiring sockets) starting with MY2020. So I can’t really tell if the 2019 units with the traditional connector shape would be any different internally than mine…

1 Like

Thanks,

my APIM:
APIM - Modul - Zubehör-Schnittstellenmodul
Teilenummer: JK2T-14G371-FDB (latest known: JK2T-14G371-FDH)
Strategie: GB5T-14G374-DG
Kalibrierung: GB5T-14G375-FD

maybe needed information:

OTAModuleSnapShot
 <p:Node isFlashed="false" specificationCategory="GGDS">
    <d2p1:Address>7D0</d2p1:Address>
    <d2p1:ECUAcronym name="APIM">
      <d2p1:State>
        <d2p1:Gateway gatewayType="NONE">
          <d2p1:DID didFormat="ASCII" didType="Embedded Consumer Operating System Part Number" didValue="8033" responseLength="24">
            <d2p1:Response>5U5T-14G381-ET</d2p1:Response>
            <d2p1:IsConfig>false</d2p1:IsConfig>
          </d2p1:DID>
          <d2p1:DID didFormat="Packeted" didType="Embedded Consumer Applications Part Numbers 1" didValue="8060" responseLength="384">

Device: Adapter: OBDLink EX r1.0 STN2230 v5.6.5 (ELM327 v1.4b) (Up- Date/grade) is planned before.

Sync 3.4 is installed and was updated with SYN3 UPDATER ( Is there any Problem in that combination?)

Should be no issues. You should be able to update to HB5T strategy and calibration files with the APIM.

thanks,

where can i get these files. Forscan shows me only this possibilitys!

if i understand this sheme corretly do i have to do the following only:
Secondary Bootloader: as is (no change)
Strategy: GB5T-14G374-DG program HB5T-14G374-CA
Programmierung (Calibration): GB5T-14G375-FD program HB5T-14G375-FD ???
ECU Base: as is (no change)
ECU Illumination: as is (no change)
Image: as is (no change)

uncheck both checkboxes so no programming of unchanged Data will be forced.
Change "Drop down “To Programm” to “Custom” and select those two Files above (Strategy, Calibration) only → Test run SBLProgram!

i hope Forscan initiates no download if the checkboxes are unchecked or do i need the secondary bootloader file in current version too for program it again but with no changes?

why HB5T and not 1U5T or 5U5T like here written: Sync 3.0 updated to 3.4 As build and APIM questions - #7 by F150Chief

Download on Ford Website doesnt work. Is there a serious source to get the relevant files?

btw: my intention is the same as pausenpepes´s here: Sync 3.0 updated to 3.4 As build and APIM questions

i would like to get the 7D0-09-xx series optional feature set menus

First of all you will need a paid license to download and install the firmware with FORScan. I say this because the log indicates you do not.

I think that @pausenpepe could tell you exactly which files he used. I will PM you for the files…

Both checkboxes should be checked for programming and silencing busses. This will cause multiple DTC’s, just clear those after the programming.

finished.
1- Finally used 1U5T, first with 15UT-14G374-EK…Error… maybe bricked… :face_vomiting:
2. after that next try with default Calibration Files…works again.
3. finally flashed 15UT-14G374-DA and 15UT-14G375-FA and the other Files as they are (downloaded them by Forscan with paid license) if you have the Files already, the 2 Month trial license is enogh.
4. deletet car profil in Forscan - Connect - opened APIM Asbuilt - Blck 7D0-09 is available an Centerstack settings visible: Silent-Mode (for camping). Auto-Lock/Unlock, Auto-HighBeam. I am lucky. thanks for your support.

PS: i was surprised at the update process…wipers were active and some LEDs :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

if anyone is using an APIM MFD 2017 or older and using the new sync system / touch screen (image below) can you let me know on how you got the surround controls to work (the buttons below touch screen).

Everything works for me except those buttons.

many thanks

1 Like

If those physical buttons below your screen don’t work that’s a configuration issue in one of the modules. I’m not entirely sure which once.

If your vehicle came with sync 3 from the factory then I would just write factory as built to your car via FORScan. Should fix any configuration issues. If you did a sync 2 —> 3 retrofit you’ll have to reference the as built guide specific to your vehicle.

1 Like

We tried different firmware and software and a few other things. The buttons will work with the original APIM, but not with the replacement APIM. I’ll send you the link…

2 Likes

I do not believe we have the logos in the united states with our hd radio at least from what i have read most dont use them or send the information.

for more information on how it works

Many stations do send that info here in the US, especially iHeartRadio owned stations. It’s just Ford doesn’t have the ‘Artist Experience’ functionality for HD Radio enabled on any of their units currently. I think it’s been rumored the newer Sync 4 based vehicles -MAY- have it, but I don’t believe anyone has confirmed it yet.

1 Like

@acid2k1, would it be possible to get a link the the latest version of ForSCAN 2.4.x? I just upgraded to a new OBDLink MX+ (from the Wifi version) and am looking to upgrade the APIM firmware.

Much appreciated

You are correct in all counts…Sync 4 is capable.

See your PM…

So I tried to download the firmware updates for my vehicle and in forscan get this error:
Downloading GB5T-xxxxxx-AA: Not available under trial Extended license.

I have registered forscan (it is the trial license). Do I need to buy ForScan to program? In reading about the licensing it doesn’t appear that the yearly or lifetime offer much more (outside support) than the 2-month trial…

To use FORScan for firmware updates/changes requires a paid license for full functionality and support,

Download FORScan

Appreciate that. I was seeing conflicting information about this.

Regarding upgrading the APIM, how difficult is this?

Here’s a screenshot of mine.

It’s not really difficult, but you need to make sure that the APIM is compatible with the firmware files you use. As shown above, the APIM is already up to date with production release firmware designed for your model. However, since you have an H series APIM (2017), you can upgrade the firmware beyond this safely. Look at the top post of this thread for info.

1 Like