Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

hi need a little help just recently update the sync 3.4 21020 with the new maps 2.20 and i want to know how do you do get the logos on the stations and on the sirius xm if it possible i got a 2016 focus st st3 with everything

@Bubbs117_Lajoie - Me too - but from what I have previously read, the US HD Radio (and of course regular FM radio) ACMs canā€™t show station logos, but SiriusXM should be able toā€¦

1 Like

the only thing i see is the names of the channels, no logos and I canā€™t see the category options
ill take a picture if needed

1 Like

SiriusXM transmits the metadata for each song embedded in the audio data stream, itā€™s just that the older FORD APIMā€™s cannot read it, because they only get Sirius, not the XM data stream. Some of the other vehicle manufacturerā€™s systems work and display the data correctly. The newer APIMā€™s (Late 2019 and up) can read the ā€œXMā€ stream. Depending on the firmware in the ACM and APIM, that data is displayed.

As far as US HD Radio and FM radio, the ACMā€™s are not equipped to read this data and will not display it.

2 Likes

oh ok i see everything else is ok it sad that i cant change it but its ok thanks

1 Like

What information do I need to try the Asbuilt changes first? I have a 2018 F150 located in America, so I would like to try that and if it doesnā€™t work then I probably wonā€™t mess with attempting an APIM firmware update. I made changes in the past with forscan, but itā€™s been a couple years and Iā€™m having a brain fart right now. Thanks.

1 Like

What would you like to do? For Sirius you can get station logos, these are in the updated builds (Sync app.). For album art, the physical hardware is not capable. AA and CP art and logos are driven thru those apps.

Calm screen and radio logos (?). Iā€™m not sure what all is done with the radio logos. I have the latest 3.4 version that was just put on sync updater. If nothing can be changed with radio logos thatā€™s fine. Just curious mostly. Hereā€™s what my current APIM asbuilt looks like. I donā€™t want to have to do the firmware update so if thatā€™s my only option then I just wonā€™t worry about it.

1 Like

What model is the truck?

2018 F150 Lariat

1 Like

Radio logos are not applicable in the US. However, calm screen can be activated. Change ā€˜0ā€™ to ā€˜4ā€™ as indicated below. You will need to reboot the unit for the change.

7D0-02-03 x*xx xx
Online Traffic Modem (TPEG), Calm Screen (CS), Enhanced DAB (ED), AA OE Channel Feature (AACF)
0=TPEG Not Available, CS Not Available, ED Off, AACF Available
1=TPEG Not Available, CS Not Available, ED Off, AACF Not Available
2=TPEG Not Available, CS Not Available, ED On, AACF Available
3=TPEG Not Available, CS Not Available, ED On, AACF Not Available
4=TPEG Not Available, CS Available, ED Off, AACF Available
5=TPEG Not Available, CS Available, ED Off, AACF Not Available
6=TPEG Not Available, CS Available, ED On, AACF Available
7=TPEG Not Available, CS Available, ED On, AACF Not Available
8=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Not Available, ED Off, AACF Available
9=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Not Available, ED Off, AACF Not Available
A=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Not Available, ED On, AACF Available
B=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Not Available, ED On, AACF Not Available
C=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Available, ED Off, AACF Available
D=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Available, ED Off, AACF Not Available
E=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Available, ED On, AACF Available
F=TPEG Available with Modem, CS Available, ED On, AACF Not Available

I noticed you have ā€œNav in motionā€ enabled by changing the country code to 5753. This also disables 911 emergency services in your vehicle, and can affect SiriusXM logos. With the new Sync versions, it is much easier to use NAV with the vehicle moving, as there are new features which allow you to interact better with it.

1 Like

Okay thank you for all of that information. By reboot, do you mean master reset in the settings or is there some other method that is needed for this particular reboot?

Master reset is best, you can reboot by taking the battery off or performing a module reset using forscan.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info. I believe I have successfully done what can be done through Asbuilt for these options. Changed Nav back to US. Calm screen works. Radio logos seem to be not much different, but I was expecting that from what Iā€™ve read. What do -08- sections change? I thought I read somewhere that might have something to do with the logos, but now itā€™s peaking my curiosity. It would be nice if there was a way to get to Calm screen with a simple touch somewhere on the home screen, but oh well. Again, thanks for the help.

1 Like

7D0-08-xx has nothing to do with logos, etc. This section is more about displaying feature sets on the centerstack display (Sync) if the vehicle is equipped as such. It does not add features, just the functionality. There is an adjustment for hardware type for the newer ACMā€™s, but this will not help in your case.

1 Like

Hello everyone and especially @CyanLabs and @F150Chief , I recently tried to update my APIM firmware using FORScan 2.4.3 20210328. The flash itself was alright, but the unit ended up black-screened on me.

Above is the calibration level I was at. The unit is a Gen 1 Non-Nav, updated from 3.0 to 3.4 using cyanlabs. Could anyone help me out with a recovery plan as well as all the vbf I need?

See your DMā€¦

EDIT: Update, the APIM was restored.

1 Like

I had the same issue when I tried to update the firmware on my MKZ. I followed the instructions on USB adapters performance optimization - FORScan forum and I deleted my profile. Deleting the profile allowed it to automatically search for the correct files for my hardware.

3 Likes

Hello Community,

First, I would like to thank you guys for the Sync 3.4. I have updated my 3.0 by reformat, no issues at all.
Now I am about to update my APIM, so I can get the Calm Screen as well as the FM radio logos shadow (icons itself are visible, but the background icons arenā€™t loaded like on the DAB screen).

Is there an angel :blush: that can share with me the files I need to load in order to update my APIM? I will be appreciated.

Here is my current versions:
Part number: HB5T-14G371-FCA
Calibration level: HB5T-14G371-FCA
Hardware Number: HB5T-14G380-CA
Secondary Boot Loader: GB5T-14G376-AA
Strategy (CAN, F188): GB5T-14G374-CB
Calibration (CAN, F124): GB5T-14G375-FA
ECU config/Sound (CAN, F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU config/Illumination (CAN, F16B): GB5T-14G379-BA
Image (USB, 8033): 5U5T-14G381-ER

Thank you!

@CyanLabs @F150Chief

FORScan will suggest the files to load on the page you show, just to the right of those. What version of FORScan do you have and what adapter?

The Strategy and Calibration files are the ones to update, the rest will likely stay as is.