Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

I had this same issue and a re-write of the AsBuilt and resets didnt work straight away, but it did fix itself a week or so later.

1 Like

After second re-write the DTC has goneā€¦ Thanks a lot :blush:

1 Like

Hi all.
Is it safe update APIM firmware? Which is the forscan latest version, 2.4.0 or 2.4.1? Forscan beta version needs a extended license? I have tried put a free license but it isnā€™t possible.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi, this is an inherently unsafe procedure as the title states. You will need to ask these questions in the Forscan forum not here.

1 Like

Hello.

I had Sync 2, and I finally decided to switch to Sync 3 :slight_smile:
(PS: thanks for the great tutorial to update to Sync 3.4 :slight_smile: Easily Update SYNC 3 Using Our Automated Method - CyanLabs )

I would like to update the APIM to have the RADIO logo on the FM. But it is impossible to do it because APIM Module firmware update is missing :cry:

Do you have a way to display this module?

And also one thing, I could take the calibration here (GB5T-14G375-CA) : UCDS Calibration File Download And can I do something with the VBF file?

3 Likes

Please carefully read the instructions, you need a specific version of forscan that isnā€™t public and needs to be requested from the forscan forum

oh, ok thnak you for information.

for the 2.4 beta version, apparently itā€™s a long wait to get it.

1 Like

For anyone with an OBDLink EX - please make sure to update to the latest software due to recently patched bugs: ScanTool.net, LLC - Firmware Updates for OBDLink EX

I tried again to do the update today. I think I enabled calm mode and radio logos - though Iā€™m not sure what it is suppose to look like.

You can see in my video here.

Note the forscan tool didnā€™t have all the image files it needed, and as suggested in the guide, I tried from the sites suggested. But even that site didnā€™t have the calibration file I think I needed.

1 Like

Please, send me to [EMAIL REDACTED BY ADMIN] the latest test version of forscan.

Youā€™ll need to request this from Forscan, we dont share the application here as it isnt ours to share.

1 Like

Just had a look at your video, It doesnt look like you have it enabled as you should be seeing a ā€˜radio logosā€™ option in the Radio settings menu. Note the Asbuilt setting in stage 8b:

8b. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DAB (USA/Rest of world): Set **7D0-02-03** to XCXX-XX (keep the Xā€™s at your current value) and press **Write.**

Update Apologies just saw the other screenshots, did you perform a master reset after this? It is worth speaking to storkpkp about this, he reported that US vehicles with Sirius behave strangely with radio logos being enabled. For calm screen, you should see calm screen settings in the Display menu, or if you have a ā€˜Displayā€™ button on your dash that will enable calm screen by pressing it.

Also, the two files you havent got files for and are trying to update are not updated via Forscan:

xxxx-14G423-xx is Gracenotes which is upgraded via USB

xxxx-14G381-xx is the Sync version. Im not sure why, but the firmware update view doesnt appear to reflect the version that is actually installed. Either way, not being to update these two is totally normal.

1 Like

So quick question . . . Is this step just to get AM/FM channel logos? If I do not perform this step will I still have SiriusXM channel logos like I currently do on 3.2? Or is this needed to have those too?

2 Likes

From my understanding (Iā€™m in the UK so no sirius) you wonā€™t lose sirius radio logos through the upgrade, this is for yourselves to get them on FM, and for EU to get them on FM and DAB

Fortsetzung der Diskussion von Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files):

Hi, great job so far!! But theseā€™s a problem left: i made the Update on 3.4 and the APIM Firmware. My Sync got the button for the radio logos but shows no logos. I made the reset but still there are no logos. Radio is EU without DAB, so 7D0-02-03 might be right on xC xx-xx, correct? Car is the 2017 Kuga.
Whereā€™s my mistake? :zwinkern:

1 Like

Give C a try and let us know if it works

Maybe you know how to add more languages into IPC Fusion 2017, e.x.Russian, Turkishā€¦

3 Likes

We dont support that here, I suggest you research on your local forums, FFClub or UCDS.