Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

it’s very unfortunate. I thought if the developers of this car are in America, or near to it there a lot of programmers there knows all about it.
Sorry.

I think you’ll need to obtain UCDS or another similar tool to carry this out. I know UCDS supports ‘russification’ of vehicles at least.

For your reference, we are mostly UK based not American.

Yeah i believe UCDS is used for IPC programming

2 Likes

Sorry, C doesn’t work. Calm mode is still missing, too. :frowning:
Any ideas out here?
TIA Andy

Can I use OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter?

1 Like

Yes, that is the recommended adapter.

After updating the APIM and changing the value in forscan I have calm screen but no radio icon option. Any ideas?

I have a genuine ELS27 V2.0 shipped from els27.ru in 2015.
Would this device be classed as suitable quality to conplete this job?

1 Like

We only advise the OBDLink ex, any other adapter other than UCDS is untested.

2 Likes

Hi there, I got FORScan connected to my car but when I go to the APIM firmware update page I’m presented with this:

FORScan photo

It appears that it doesn’t want to load any new firmware (or it can’t find any available to update to). I’m not quite sure how I should proceed. For a little context I updated my 2018 Fusion SYNC system to 3.4.20136 recently and now am just looking into doing the firmware updates for the APIM to get radio logos and calm mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

It looks like you’ve got an outdated version of forscan so worth obtaining the latest from them first to see if that sorts it.

When this version becomes available, would this adapter work to update the APIM?..
OHP ELMconfig ELM327 FORScan OBD2 USB Adapter with MS-CAN / HS-CAN Switch

1 Like

Only recommend the OBDLink EX for firmware updates using forscan

1 Like

THNX gonna need to buy that one then. :+1:

1 Like

Hi I was able to get this function working but as soon as I disconnect forscan and restart the car the radio reverts back to no logo or calm screen functions. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

If you haven’t performed the calibration update as described it will revert on reboot.

1 Like

I completed everything as above apart from the APIM update as this option was not available on my screen. I’m using version 2.3.34 would this be the issue? How can I get version 2.4.1

All the detail is in the post, please read it carefully.

That experimental version must be requested as it is not offered publicly . However, they have stopped the request process until further notice because the version was found to be unstable. So until then there is nothing you can do.

Latest version I can find available online is this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1srErw7WO2Z2nlMNYW7PQrZD3B6jwU3es

1 Like