Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

This is the latest one I could find as well. Tried it out on my car and it seems that it couldn’t find any updated APIM firmware (see my above post). I guess all we can do for now is wait until the stable build of 2.4.1 is out and try again.

You have to get the files manually

1 Like

Thanks, seems I have the latest firmware now. I changed the 7D0-02-03 field to C like in the guide (I am in Canada so no DAB) and I also did a master reset of my system. I now have the option for calm mode but the option for radio logos still doesn’t show up (see attached pics). Any other tips for getting radio logos to work?

1 Like

As far as i know Radio Logos are only for DAB

2 Likes

I thought it would work in US units with HD Radio?!.. Oh well. At least we get Calm screen!

2 Likes

What about APIMs with hardware version starting with number(s)?..

Downloads were unsuccessful for me…

1 Like

The same download error occurred for me too. Turns out I didn’t need to do a firmware update to enable calm screen/radio logos. I simply just changed my As Built config to include the C in 7D0-02-03 and it enabled it for me.

2 Likes

1U5T indicates a new APIM, as above I’d recommend enabling it in asbuilt then restarting your apim to see if your calibration is up to date.

The failed downloads are a forscan issue unfortunately

1 Like

Wow!.. Just enabled it using the C value (USA) and now have Calm Screen option.

Thank You for pointing that out!
No radio option under settings so no radio logos.

3 Likes

Hello,
When I start the update module I get this, all the boxes in red, it means that it cannot be updated?
Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

What version of Forscan are you running?

1 Like

version 2.4.0,
Anyway I have realized that it is because the files are not downloaded, the automatic download does not work, thanks for the welcome.

yes it seems the file download is broken in 2.4.0, maybe wait for 2.4.1 or maybe there is a newer 2.4.0 available.

IMG_0634
UCDS Calibration File Download, it might not work?, it won’t let me download the files

They have moved that to inside the application. No longer available on the web.

1 Like

Ok,
Is there another place to get the calibration files?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi guys, it’s safe to update firmware using OBDLink MX+ ? I don’t want to buy a cable version. Is there any risk ? Thanks.

Would not recommend due to instability of the BT link. Just my opinion.

1 Like

As above, not recommended to do this with BT. OBDLink EX has worked for me.

3 Likes