Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Curious, what adapter are you using?

1 Like

OBDLink EX

2 Likes

OK, Good choice.

@F150Chief WE IN BUSINESS NOW!

2 Likes

1 Like

I posted this earlier in this thread:

Ideally, you want a unit from a MY18.5+ vehicle. This should be a unit with the part number beginning in Jxxx (4xxx) or Kxxx (5xxx) (Example: KU5T-14G371-GJA. This is the ECU Delivery Assembly Number.) These will most likely just work without any need for firmware updates. K series would be preferable. Always look at the build dates on the unit stickers.

A good place for reference is the hardware database here on the site.
Hardware Database - CyanLabs

You will probably want NAV, so look for 32GB units:

Loaded those last files only, selected recovery mode, force, bus silence, and it only took one push

2 Likes

10-roger on the apim, will pick up a later one, i aint screwing with this one anymore. haha

Most excellent, as Bill and Ted would say…looks like a good load, just make sure everything works as expected and you are good to go. Sometimes these things just don’t want to play.

Glad I could help.

1 Like

I added that to the PM I sent you…

Definitely appreciate the help! Though lifesaver might be more appropriate!

2 Likes

this method also works with sync gen1 devices?

I doubt anyone has tried it, likely high risk if bricking.

1 Like

Hi Gents, I’m still working getting everything running in my system - I replaced my old APIM with a Model year 18.5 and took the Asbuild from my old one - everything is running except my parking aid system (I have the one which also turns the steering wheel itself to get in a parking spot) - when I push the button it says “parking system error - see manual) - with forscan I have an error code U0159 Lost communication with park assist control module A” …if this is fixable i would be the happiest person :slight_smile: - I checked this out with two 18.5 model year apims - same error…

I’d recommend a calibration update of your park assist module to start with, I’ve seen that error resolved with a a sync 2 to 3 upgrade.

1 Like

If I would like to download (not update) only the configuration files for all modules, it is enough to select the module and press the download button?

1 Like

Yep, though you need a paid for license with forscan to download

How can I find the calibration component *.vbf

I have a paid version of forscan.

1 Like

Change the “To Program” and see what is available for you unit. Why do you need to update the firmware on a MY2020 APIM?