Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

The overspeed message is not related to the Park Assist, or the APIM. This is a setting in the IPC.

Earlier in the thread you stated you do not have a rear camera. It looks like the proper setting for the park assist should be 7D0-04-02 0005 E2 for EU for the Kuga. Also, even though the PDC HMI is toggle on in the APIM, it needs to be set properly in the PAM also.

Hi,
I donā€™t have camera, I have 0005 E2 and parallel parking work well.

I have created a new profil but Pam asbuilt is not present. I will leave like that.

I have another question. @F150Chief , do you now if I can upgrade my 2013 sync 1 acm (the ref is very similar as 2016 sync 3), with the file of sync 3 : CV4T-14D099-LG or CV4T-14D099-LJ ? Or I will brick my acm ?

Thank you.

Glad the parking assist is working, but I am really unsure of the icons on your vehicle for that.
For the ACM. if FORScan supports the upgrade of firmware, it will most likely work.

I have used the default version selected by forscan.
If I download the firmware of sync3 for the same ref I have a risk to brick my acm ?
Did you know a process to roll back in this case ?

Download the present firmware and the updated firmware, 5 files. Update and see if it works ok, it should. If you need to go back, load the original files.

Thankā€™s a lot ! I will search those files and test.

Just hit the download button at the bottom of the page.

Yes but I talk about files for sync 3

What you show on the pic above is not related to Sync versions, just the ACM. Sync does not affect the ACM as far as firmware or software.

Thank you for the helpā€¦ā€¦ Maybe I should get tested again? :man_facepalming:One questionā€¦ When the Sync 3 firmware is upgraded, are the asbuiltā€™s modified in any way?

The asbuilt cannot be changed directly from the software. However, I have seen instances where someone did load software or firmware and the asbuilt was changed on reboot of the system. This is not due to the software, but to either invalid configurations of the asbuilt or unsaved or incomplete asbuilt data, corruption. The changes will usually only manifest on a reboot or reset of the unit.

Hey guys,

to activate the lock menu (vehicle settings) in Sync 3.4 i want to update my Mustang 2016 EU APIM to the 2018 firmware, so it give me the needed 7D0-09-xx line in AS-Built.

I updated my stock calibration level HB5T-14G371-FAG to the newest on that FORScan is showing me. That is HB5T-14G371-FGE.

The update was fine and sync is working, but unfortunately the result is not what i have expected. In AS-Built now i have the new line 7D0-08-xx but 7D0-09-xx is still missing.

As far as i know i need the following vbf calibration files:

1U5T-14G374-DA
1U5T-14G375-HA
JB5T-14G379-BA

has someone a download link to share?

Greetings,
Chris

Just so you are aware, the 7D0-09-xx series of options in the APIM asbuilt just mimics the menus for options already installed in the vehicle. It will not add new options. This firmware is designed for the MY18.5+ APIM units.

You current APIM is now on the latest dependable firmware for the model version. Placing newer MY18.5+ firmware on the unit will really do nothing as the hardware will not support the features. I do not recommend installing the above files on the unit as it will end up with a black screen and you will probably be forced to recover the unit back to where you are now.

The best course of action here if you really want the menus and feature sets of the newer software/firmware is to purchase a newer APIM, preferably a ā€˜Kā€™ series unit (2019). This will have the firmware and hardware necessary for what you want to do. Keep in mind that although the APIM will have the capability of using the 7D0-09-xx series of feature menus, the rest of the vehicle might not, which can lead to other firmware or hardware replacements.

Hi,

Iā€™m still waiting for my OBDLink EX to arrive, but at the moment I have ELM327 v1.5 (Iā€™m not going to update the firmware with that cable!) and when I try to check if there is a firmware update for my APIM, Iā€™m getting those empty fields. I have updated Sync 3 to the latest 3.4.21098 version and I have enabled DAB logos and calm screen, but without firmware update, I think that I wonā€™t be able to see those. So I have two questions:

1. Is this because of the cable, the wrong FORScan version, or something else?
  2. Can someone tell me what series APIM do I have (should I check Part number series J or Hardware number series H)?

Thank you!

You need to update your FORScan version to 2.4.3. You can contact FORScan support.
You have a ā€˜Jā€™ series with ā€˜Jā€™ calibration, looks like an early one from a 2017/18 or so Fusion?

Wait for the OBDLink EX.

Ok, Iā€™ll contact them. Thnx! :slight_smile:

The seller sold it as a 2017 Ford Focus. I would say that it was from Focus as its AsBuild was configured nearly perfect for my 2012 Focus.

Looking at this thread and other forums, I would say that the J series is ok?

Should work fine.

Make sure you read thru this page:
Contact Us (forscan.org)

Starting from May 21, 2021, the support service is limited to FORScan users who purchased one of paid products (FORScan Lite for iOS, Android or paid FORScan Extended License).

I have an extended license, but I didnā€™t manage to find an email or any sort of contact on that siteā€¦
Iā€™ll have to check on my windows machine in the FORScan app if it has some sort of contact written somewhere.
@F150Chief If you maybe have their email, can you please share it with me?
Thnx!

1 Like

[email protected]

See your DM.

1 Like

Hi chief!

thanks for your answer. I can understand your doubts about this, but i have to say, atleast in this case you are not right.

Thanks to a good guy in the german mustang forum, now i have the files i need and installed them already first try without a problem. My 2016 H-Series Sync 3 is now updated to MY18.5 and now have the 7D0-09-xx options.

The auto lock feature is disabled by default, but only in EU. It can be activated throug forscan but only hard coded because the ipc and sync cant show it. thanks to the firmware update for my sync now i have the ability to activate the lock menu and can switch this feature on/off on the fly. It is tested and fully functional.

Greetings from Germany

2 Likes