Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Maybe in 14g375-ba is error too?

Tried to flash via your algorithm and last file with forscan. Tried 2.4.4 and 2.4.3 it flashes module but in the end wrote that oops, something was wrong. And ends(((
Any chances to restore?
Sincerely yrs(

Follow this with the files indicated. Don’t use the files you have been using.
APIM Firmware Flash Rescue Gen 1 (G-2016).txt (1.3 KB)

I take the file from te message above [GB5T-14G374-AF_fsmod.ZIP] (thank you),
and others files takes from the forscan 2.4.4, and when the first part (before the calibration) the forscan wrote öops, something going wrong
 (the module is out – something like that) , turn off and going on the second part (with sbl and calibration files) – the same – message about something wrong and the bricked module – will make toorrow screenshots. And no logo at the end,
Mystical but the APIM is finding by the scanning (except that forscan wrote that not DTC for error but the errors are). One more when it starting update it writes that ca’t read p/n

Looks like the module is “bricked” but should be recoverable.

What adapter are you using? I should be set for 500Kb in FORScan.

China els-27

You might want to read this thread:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1904

Hi

I did an upgrade on my APIM and got the black screen. I did the suggested recovery and it is working again. My part number is GJ5T-14G371-CFC. It is a US Nav unit. What files should I be using to have the latest for my unit?

Follow the instructions attached.
APIM Firmware Flash Rescue Gen 1 (G-2016).txt (1.3 KB)

Use a FORScan approved adapter.

Thanks. - That is the procedure I used. I was wondering if the files suggested in the guide were the best to leave it at or is there any upgrade beyond that

I thought it was still broken, but good it’s not. You can update your APIM to the files below.

3.0 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware (Production Release 2017-early 2018)
(Originally Found On 2017/Some 2018 - Units That Ship with 2 USB Ports on Back)
GB5T-14G376-AA
HB5T-14G374-CA
HB5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
HB5T-14G379-BA

XXXX-14G375-D*.vbf 32GB NA with NAV (Telenav)

Just in case:
APIM Firmware Flash Rescue Gen 2 (H-2017).txt (1.2 KB)

1 Like

I have all the files except HB5T-14G375-DA
I have HB5T-14G375-FA

I am not sure the if I should use the FA or the DA

You can use HB5T-14G375-FA. I don’t have the other one

Can anyone help with this file? I can’t download it.
1U5T-14G374-EL

Used for recovery UCDS in brick update firmware mode and succesfully rescued it.
My steps:

1. Use Forscan to download files in factory mode (go to upgrade firmware and download it
    SBL: (shouldn’t have to change this) GB5T-14G376-AA.VBF
    Strat: GB5T-14G374-AF.VBF

2. Stop after download files

3. unconnect the plus in car battery (engine off for 2 mins and car accum for next 5 mins)

4. connect the plus in car battery (usually the 10mm diameter)

5. connect the car battery to AC/Dc charger

6. USE UCDS for update VBF in brick mode

7. Use SBL: (shouldn’t have to change this) GB5T-14G376-AA.VBF
    Strat: GB5T-14G374-AF.VBF – Important that this file have to be downloading from the forscan (native Ford file have bug)

8. use update VBF in brick mode

9. Don;t use the strategy file – next file downloading form forscan (GB5T-14G375-BA, GB5T-14G375-CA, GB5T-14G375-DA - have a bug – they are empty (28 bytes only)).

10. pray for 1 minute and voila – the Ford logo is on

11. run the forscan – (don’t create new profile),

12. come to service APIM – load as built DATA – run it

13. clear the DTC Errors

14. Say thanks to God and Wizzard Andres who helped me to rescue APIM)

3 Likes

:+1:

These must have been incomplete downloads or some other issue. These files are 709 bytes each. I think in your situation you had incomplete and/or corrupted files you were working with and that was the issue.

Glad you got it fixed and working, thanks for the sharing the info.

BTW - Did your adapter work or did you use another?

I do not have it, but if you do find it please share

I used files from this forum (found it by searching) as well as redownload from forscan — open it and you see that 700b is just descriptions and no useful, and just 28 bits information that ucds didn’t recognize. When you insert it in vbf uploader it says error on all of them.

1 Like

Hi I got a sync3 v1.0 built 14341 none navi GEN 1 APIM want to upgrade to V3.4 but nothing happened(nothing happen or stuck at updating for 24hours) with all updates tried,so I fresh the firmware
SBL: GB5T-14G376-AA.VBF
ECU Config/Sound Profile (CAN): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Config/Illumination Strat (CAN): GB5T-14G379-BA
but I think I bricked it,it’s complete off now,did rescue but not success,can anyone share the firmware below I want try to restore it to manufactured,it may works again,thank you so much,also heard someone split the upgrades and update one by one can rescue it,not sure not tried yet.

firmware needed pls
For NON-NAV:
SBL: (shouldn’t have to change this) GB5T-14G376-AA.VBF
Strat: GB5T-14G374-AF.VBF
Cal: GB5T-14G375-BA.VBF

also bought another GEN2 with navigation APIM for replace which already upgraded to V3.4 builds20021 by seller but it cannot downgrade or upgrade always give error code INSTL_ERR12 for any updates.so it may two bricks now,want to rescue first one first,lol,any advice will be appreciated.