Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Likely Sync 3.0 early versions. They take them apart and install newer NAV boards or something, then image them with a disk image that seems to be well shared amongst their community. Ford has tried to stop this but various countries don’t care, so will never cooperate.

Good life everyone Great F150 I need your opinion: I made the APIM update to the “EL” version with the files you kindly provided me, I ran with FORscan in mod. CUSTOM, I ran a “Test Ran” all ok, so I did prog. and the result is puesto.
P.S. the third page in settings did not appear.

Grazie mille per la sua disponibilità

I don’t understand the issue…

hi F150, let me explain better: With the “EL” calibration a third page should appear in the settings for custom apps or I’m totally wrong.
And then I would like to know if it is normal that those red squares in the photo.
thanks for your clarification.

Sorry F 150, I think I have only silly questions that only make you waste time, I think I understand that everything is fine. so you feel exonerated from any answer.
Thanks and sorry again

1 Like

You need to activate the 7D0-09-xx menus. Center stack menus in the database.

sorry m confirm that I have to activate the sync help, in the 7d0-09-xx menu in the apim AsBuilt.
A thousand thanks

DE08/7D0-09-02: xxxx-xxxx-xXxx
Centerstack Settings must be set to “CS Enabled” to allow 7D0-09-xx settings to display.
7D0-09-xx generally requires APIM Strategy firmware 1U5T-14G374-E*

Hello all. Tried update US 32Gb APIM with part nuber GJ5T-14G371-CFC and after flash I have black screen.
I tried
GB5T-14G376-AA
HB5T-14G374-CA
HB5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
HB5T-14G379-BA
But in forscan Audio and Illumination calibrations are blank. So, I flash back to
GB5T-14G376-AA
GB5T-14G374-AF
GB5T-14G375-DA
And Sync loaded ok. Then I flashed without these calibrations, but again got black screen.
Tried 1U5T with same result.
And one more thing I noticed: after flashing, when I have black screen and go to flash menu, it still show me old firmware on left side.
Used UCDS original cable. Tried flash with UCDS and Forscan.
Is there something that I can do more? Or it is not possible to update it?

Thank you very much for your immense availability,
I’m trying to gain more experience by reading your forum on FORScan, which is great.
however I ask you: The “CS” must be enabled on FORScan?
and according to the photo, I have the “EL” calibration?

G series APIM’s are notoriously finicky to update. Some just will not work while others do after a few tries.

Yes, this is due to the APIM not booting properly into the new firmware.

In the asbuilt, not firmware.

Thank you very much Boss F150, everything went perfectly.

1 Like

Hello. i moved from sync 2 to 3 in my 2013 Escape. Today i updated sync and map to newest version. Next updated Apim firmware, and enable logos (forscan and next sync settings radio). There are no logos what i can do more?

Screen before update:
APIM Firmware

Update to this level:
3.0 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2017-Pre-2018.5, H-Early J Series)
(Originally Found On 2017/Early 2018 Units That Ship with 2 USB Ports on Back)
GB5T-14G376-AA
HB5T-14G374-CA
HB5T-14G375-DA or HB5T-14G375-FA (HB5T-14G375-CA NON-NAV)
GB5T-14G379-AA
HB5T-14G379-BA

Latest Ford/Information topics - CyanLabs Official Community

To be clear and sure i must download one from your list or all ? Which one is the best for my APIM?

1, 2,3,4,5 or 6 to flash?
APIM Firmware

Just these:

HB5T-14G375-FA.VBF
HB5T-14G374-CA.VBF

Thank You for very answer please tell what file to what number on my second screen?

APIM Firmware

#2 = HB5T-14G374-CA.VBF
#3 = HB5T-14G375-FA.VBF

Place the 2 files in the C:\Users\yourname\Documents\CalibrationFiles folder on your computer running FORScan.

I flashed only 2 files and this shows up

Zrzut ekranu 2022-06-21 203121

Black screen and nothing hapend. Next use rcovery and flash orginal files and radio works again but no logo i think i did something wrong.

My radio is EU