Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

New FORScan Version 2.4.2 is available.

2.4.2 beta, 2020-09-08 (download)

• Firmware database updates
  • Support of explicit gateway mode (actual for some modules like SOBDMC in US C-Max FHEV 2013MY)
  • fixes and improvements in “Module firmware update” function: algorithm that offers firmware now counts some APIM specific (images uploaded from USB, missing firmware etc)
  • fixes and improvements in “Module firmware update” function: if some partnumber cannot be read from module, it is read from vehicle profile prior to firmware DB
  • bug in “Module firmware update” function: memory leaks on multiple calls of the same function
  • false “Module seems to be bricked” error in case of SBL doesn’t support the firmware application status check function
  • bug in CAN communication procedure for ELM327 adapters (that might brick some modules on some adapters)
  • incorrect changelog text files in the distributive

Did you try this with 2.4.2 or 2.4.1? The pic you posted is from 2.4.1, right?

Tried with 2.4.2 beta. The new version

It looks like the door has been closed to download any firmware files.

Not sure what you mean by that stoker_ace?

The links above still work for me, Burt…

2 Likes

I’m using 2.4.2 and I have the cal files on the pc in the cal files folder. Everything seems to be working properly.

1 Like

I will try again later and see what happens for me. Seems weird that it doesnt let me do anything even under the Custom option. All remains Red

I just got finished working with it and I have to say there are still issues. I updated the TCU with no issues, but the APIM function still has issues. I got to the same place you are, with the weird characters in the calibration. Everything works, but it’s not right. Tomorrow I will load 2.4.0 and fix it. (hopefully!)

For all viewing this, the APIM firmware functionality is still broken.

1 Like

F150Chief thanks for letting me know. Seems weird but the APIM still works. Is it now locked for you to update anything like mine? Also where can you get 2.4.0 in case it works for you?

See your PM…

2 Likes

I mean we can not download files through UCDS anymore.

1 Like

That was turned off a few months ago…

APIM2
Anyone know which files I can use to update my firmware?

You have them listed on the right of the screenshot you cut off…

I read through the directions but some of the links were changed. I have a 2017 USA Lincoln MKZ and successfully update from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 build build 19274 (according to the installer, the later is bugged). To do the the Calm screen do I need to just follow the directions above but get the latest version of Forscan and get the extended license?

The theme for my radio is the Lincoln Nautilus theme and my ultimate goal is to change that after I familiarize myself with this a bit better.

That is correct. Try enabling it in AsBuilt before going down the firmware update process in case it is already enabled.

Which links are broken?

I actually meant that directions have changed.
" Forscan experimental version 2.4.1 is needed, available here:
https://forscan.org/download.html "

Which leads to this:
“Forscan beta 2.4.1 requires a paid for extended license to download additional firmware files, and enforces the use of specific adapters (including OBDLink EX)”

1 Like

I tried to do that using 2.4.2 and almost bricked my APIM in my Ford Fusion. Got it back but the calibration files now shows some strange files… Will be defaulting it back later to original files

Its an old screenshot, need later versions.
Something like
1U5T-14G374-EK

1U5T-14G375-DA
but i’m unsure