Upgrading TCU for 4g connection

Yeah if my son was more helpful in this stuff, I’d probably go that route too I have plenty of projects for my Bronco that take priority over his car.

1 Like

WOOOHOOOO! Everything works! Used the JL3T did an update on the firmware took about 35 min checked the as built like the instructions said - loaded app - added car - authorized - took a few minutes for all the services to load up but we have remote start, locks, location, fuel level, TPMS, even PHEV scheduled start - pretty much everything!

Thanks to everyone for the help and guidance - especially @bill32399

1 Like

Great to hear!

Would a JL3T-14G229-AK work in a 2018 Fusion Platinum (came with a factory H series)?
Not sure of the difference between an -Ax and a -Cx.
JL3T-14G229-Cx series seem to be a bit pricey right now.

Actually the 2019/2020 “normal” Fusions and MKZ have HS4, the SSV versions (eg police) have HS3 instead of HS4.

I have a 2020 Energi and I can guaranty mine does NOT have HS4. As mentioned earlier in this thread HS4 is not in the Energi but is in other 19/20 Fusions.

You can have both HS3 and HS4 in a car, they aren’t mutually exclusive.
Does the 2019/2020 Energi even have a standard TCU or did they build it into another module?
When I pull up the AB for a 2019/2020 Energi and compare it to the Hybrid, the AB for the Energi only has 754-01-01 & 754-02-01 while the Hybrid has blocks all the way to 754-22-01.
And you’re right C4803 for the Energi\Hybrid in the service manual shows HS3, but the wire colors on a pic of the pigtail on a 2019 Hybrid match the HS4 colors (pin 8 GN\BU, pin 16 VT\WH) instead of what the service manual shows (pin 8 WH\GN, pin pin 16 GN\BU).

Has anyone tried the KS7T-14G229-AH out of a Hybrid to see if it was HS3 or HS4?

The K series TCU’s can be both HS3 and HS4 depending on the calibration installed. If the K series is downgraded to the J series calibration it will work on HS3. Otherwise, it will be for HS4.

Yes, I am very aware how CEGA 1.3 networks operate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.