Welcome to our community, Come say HI!

I noticed no one uses the Lounge so lets use this topic to say HI!

Welcome to everyone!

# We have 3.5k members
(although some of these are migrated old accounts from before the forum existed)
I have pruned all migrated user, we are at just over 3K members!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 3.5K members, hello to each and every one of you and thanks for being here to help us cyanlabs

I bumped into cyanlabs while looking for updated maps for my Focus RS and again while i was having problems with FordPass, what a pile of crap that is!

I’m patiently waiting for the latest U.K. map updates and any new software available.

I lurk around here at nights because I’m a night worker, i drive a vehicle recovery truck, lets hope i never get to meet any of you personally.

Regards, Steve

Hello From Oregon in the US. Cyanlabs has become the go to for all Sync and Forscan questions it would seem. I also lurk around on here at night trying to absorb everything I can.

1 Like

Welcome Steve,

We have definitely evolved from just updating to sync to everything ford related. The growth and popularity is mad.

I’m also waiting on these updated maps to be publicly available :wink:

Cheers, Scott

1 Like

I agree, like I said above what was just s simple sync guide has become much much more

Welcome!

1 Like

Hello all!

I’m from Argentina, and I got here because I saw some new method for upgrading from 3.0 to 3.4 on a local forum. I’m not sure why I started interacting on discord and the forums, and since I can speak 2 languages I also offered help translating Syn3updater into Spanish, also tried the beta and alpha versions of the app.

And the most ironic thing is that I’m still running Sync3 3.0!!!, hehehe.

But I really liked the project and wanted to support it somehow.

:laughing: i’m quite out dated still also but atleast i’m not on 3.0. upgrade already! :laughing:

Yeah then i made you mod and now i can’t get rid of ya :upside_down_face:

Hello from Texas, USA. I am originally from Southern California and transplanted to Texas thanks to 11 years of military service, years of living around Washington, DC, and Virginia, and finally landing just north of Houston, TX to work for Fox Sports, which later became Disney. I actually started messing with Sync (or the equivalent) in a 2010 Taurus SHO and have gotten more involved as the years, and cars, went on. I’ve been involved in various other projects like the initial TCU retrofits for FordPass, APIM/ACM retrofits for Sirius 360, etc., that are now common on the web.

I’m not on Sync 3.0…but I also lurk around on here at night trying to absorb everything I can.
Phil

1 Like

I would explain how i got involved in this project and everything but honestly i don’t know, i wrote a simple guide that blew up, then decided people were still asking dumb questions and made Syn3 Updater (well technically FordSyncDownloader) and then made this community to have a place to discuss the more technical side of Ford modules etc :slight_smile:

I’m not really much of a car person but i love tech so the tech side of modern cars fascinates me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello from CT, I’m new here, as I found this place thru FTE. I’ve had Fords my entire life, and BTW F150 Chief I had a 96 SHO that car was a lot of fun. I did 8 yrs in 2 services Army and Air Force spent some time in Witchita Falls TX or as we said at Sheppard AFB 100 miles from nowhere 2 feet from hell, lol. I was always a shade tree mechanic being born in the 50’s and I’m probably one of the oldest XBOX gamers out there. I love the technology and when I bought my 2017 F350 with no power anything, I wanted power door locks and windows and my quest began to keep it OEM. So 6 yrs into over 20 upgrades I am having fun, and I would like to say thank you for all the knowledge I have gained here and FTE from the founders, the back bone of the people that truly have ability that pass it on. :smiley:

2 Likes

just found this great forum,
so glad i found this site, tried a million times with ford official update and keep failing , just downloaded latest sync update and just works great , good job.
keep up the good work.
cheers from Denmark

1 Like

Hey this is Phil in Houston. Found this group while researching Sync issues. I use my 2020
Explorer ST for work and the dealer wants
to keep for FOUR days. Costing me a lot of work. Additionally when I reached out to the service manager no response back. Retired from Honeywell after 32 yrs in 2019 so technically minded. Have Sync 3.4 22251. Nothing more needs to be said. Also own a ‘71 Torino 500 no Sync issues.

1 Like

I just paid for membership. Seems that I cannot post a question in SYNC3 community.

And what’s the error you say it gives?

Membership isn’t required to post, please share an error message or something