'15 Mustang with an aftermarket Sync3 install, phone calls don't work with either BT or AA

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

So, life has been a bit busy and I haven’t gotten to do anything about my previous thread. I went to update it, though, after finding out some new info but found it automatically locked.

Anyway, there’s a thread over at the Mustang 6G forum that’s all about upgrading Mustangs from the 4" Sync1 to 8" Sync3 setups and somebody in there had the same problem as me.

From this post it looks like he used Forscan and updated the AsBuilt data and it works.

Good thing I haven’t torn the dash apart, yet.

@F150Chief, is Forscan picky about which OBD-II dongles it works with or do you think my Veepeak OBDCheck VP11 will work?

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: No

Install Type: Retrofitted

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.19205

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22020

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.10.11.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: No

Syn3 Updater Log File

Hi, people have a habit of posting on ancient topics, topics close after 14 days of inactivity

Reopened

Oh, about the camera… Seems it’s a Ford recall! LOL

If you are just doing AsBuilt changes it’s fine, for module updates i wouldn’t use anything other than a OBDLink EX

1 Like

Maybe I’ll have a few minutes to do this but my weekend is pretty busy. We’ll see!

EDIT: Oh, just wanted to say thanks again, guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, apparently the Veepeak couldn’t see the ACM so I ordered the Vgate vLinker FS since the Forscan site seems to recommend it. I’ll find out Tuesday, I guess. LOL

WOOHOO!!!

Changed 727-01-01 in the ACM and it works now! I also changed a few other things (fixed hazard switch function and made the mode switch work). I didn’t have to pull the dash apart!

Did you make the changes in the above file?

You mean as far as the connector pinout? No, I didn’t. I never actually got a chance to open up the dash. Seems everything is wired correctly, but it was never programmed right after the swap to Sync3.

This one… 1FA6P8CFXF5353609 ACM NEW.txt (148 Bytes)

Of that list I only changed 727-01-01 (which I actually changed to 9800 3800 00, I forget the checksum at the end). I know the second digit in 727-01-02 is the EQ curve, which I left as is (I think it was 2).

I don’t remember what the rest of the values were off the top of my head but I could check later when I get home.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.