2015 Ford Mustang with 2017 F150 XTR Sync3

Hello
i Have a 2015 Ford mustang Gt premium came with Sync2 , and i found on market place a sync3 coming from a 2017 F150 XTR pickup truck , the sync worked on my car with few flaws , the most annoying one is the ac , i cant control it because the truck came with seperated ac control because it was basic, but in my mustang i used to control air flow from the sync 2, other than that the name on the bluetooth is F150 and when i reverse the car camera showing a truck lol . I updated it to 3.4 the latest update to make it look better but the flaws are still the same.
Please help guys

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.10.16180

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Navigation error which i dont need
but most issue is the Ac control isnt showing on my sync3

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.2.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

i did but i didnt save it... sorry 

You need to change the 'Vehicle Type" setting in the APIM from truck to car. Also, you should upgrade from 3.4.23188 to the latest version. The AC controls will need to be defined properly in the APIM for what is equipped in the Mustang. Both vehicles are CGEA 1.3 so this should work with the proper asbuilt adjustments. You should look a asbuilts for a 2017 Mustang for Sync 3 and compare those to yours as the Sync 2 and 3 asbuilts are not compatible.

1 Like

Is there a newer version??

No, sorry I read that as 3.4.23088. I have an eye appointment today ironically.

lol, you can borrow my white stick

is there any way i can access apim of the car without using forscan ? or maybe by using sync 3 updater ?

Not to change asbuilt settings or firmware, no.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.