2016 Explorer dynamic parking lines

I pulled this off OASIS today.

“The rear parking aid camera system visually aids the driver while reversing or reverse parking the vehicle. The image of the area behind the vehicle can be displayed either on the FCDIM or on the FDIM. The camera system has features that provide fixed and active guideline (active park assist system equipped vehicles only) overlays on the video image to assist the driver in aligning the vehicle and a visual alert function that provides a visual highlight in the zone where an object is detected by the audible parking aid system. The rear parking aid camera communicates with the BCM through a LIN circuit. The camera system is controlled though the FCDIM or FDIM.”

“Active guidelines are only displayed on the rear camera image. On vehicles equipped with the active park assist system, the active guidelines feature displays dynamic guidelines that correspond to the projected path of vehicle travel, based on the current steering angle. Several modules are involved in generating the steering angle data used to support the active guidelines. The PSCM monitors the steering angle sensor and sends the steering wheel angle sensor data to the ABS module via the HS-CAN2. The ABS module uses this message from the PSCM to generate the steering angle message that is sent to the IPMB through the HS-CAN2. The IPMB sends the steering angle data to the rear parking aid camera via the LIN circuit. The camera uses this data to generate the active guidelines over the video image.”

"Active Guidelines (If Equipped)

NOTE: The active guidelines feature is not an option on vehicles equipped with an interior auto-dimming rear view mirror display.

NOTE: If the battery has been disconnected or discharged, or a module is disconnected or replaced, the active guidelines may be inoperative until the vehicle is driven on a flat and smooth road at 32 km/h (20 mph) or more, with hands placed loosely on the steering wheel and minimal steering correction for approximately 30 seconds.

If the guidelines remain inoperative, it may be necessary to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes with the driver’s door open, then drive the vehicle for 8 kilometers (5 miles) in normal city driving before performing the procedure described above.

On vehicles equipped with the active park assist system, the active guidelines feature displays dynamic guidelines that correspond to the projected path of vehicle travel, based on the current steering angle. Several modules are involved in generating the steering angle data used to support the active guidelines. The PSCM monitors the steering angle sensor and sends the steering wheel angle sensor data to the ABS module via the HS-CAN2. The ABS module uses this message from the PSCM to generate the steering angle message that is sent to the GWM on the HS-CAN2. The GWM then sends the message to the BCM via the HS-CAN1. The BCM sends the steering angle data to the rear parking aid camera via the LIN circuit. The camera uses this data to generate the active guidelines over the video image. If the steering wheel is in the straight-ahead position, the active guidelines are not shown. The guidelines are not shown when reverse is not selected (video delay active)."

Hope these help in some way. So much simpler on a CGEA 1.2 network. LOL

@F150Chief let me know if you want these doc’s. There is alot more info than I put here.

2 Likes

@bill32399 and @F150Chief …thanks again for your tireless efforts here. I’ve dealt with this for a year since my upgrade.

Looks like (since I do have the auto dimming mirror and do not have active park assist) that I thought I had the active lines but really don’t. I was still having the issue of no zoom or overhead outline, which you guys have solved. I appreciate all your assistance and expertise…donation to follow!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.