2016 Ford Mustang on Sync3 v1.0 Won't install update

2016 Mustang on Sync3 v1.0. Can I update to Syn3 v3.4 directly or do I need to install intermediary update as if I was updating using Ford’s sync3 updates. I’ve tried updating to v2.2 but the update never finishes. It was suggested I remove Gracenotes. I’m not familiar with how to remove gracenotes from the update file.

Before moving forward, create and run the interrogator log and share the results.

1 Like

I will get the logs tomorrow and upload. In the meantime, how do I remove gracenotes from the update files?

You need to read our documentation about how syn3updater works.
When I said “remove gracenotes” I meant to remove it from the unit to make more space available. I’m just assuming the unit may be low on storage, but I’m only assuming because you have not yet provided the interrogator log.
Once you do, we will have a more clear picture of what might be going on.
The gracenote removal USB can be made in syn3updater, check the utility tab.

Still working of the interrogator log. Car said installation succellful when creating the log but when I try to go to the next step I’m getting an error in the syn3 updater and the application closes.

Please provide us with the log file generated (the xml file)

Sync_WUC300WQ_1FA6P8TH4G5274259.xml (10.5 KB)

Thanks.

I’ve tried reading that file without Syn3updater and there are some things I can and cannot see.
What I can see is that you are running a very old Sync3 1.x version (which we knew) and Gracenotes is installed.

What I can’t see is how much free space the unit has, I can only see a 64GB USB connected.

So, sadly, I need to keep assuming that your never ending upgrade is due to low storage on the unit.
Does it not finish without an error/meessage?.

Before moving forward, can you provide the autoinstall.lst file that you are using for upgrading to 2.2?.

autoinstall.lst (162 Bytes)

And what happens when you plug that USB into the unit?. Remember we are not sitting by your side while you are doing stuff, so a little bit of context is required. I’ve already asked this before:

Does the “installation in progress” message appears?.

Sorry I had mentioned it in chat before opening the post. When that update runs, after about 20 minutes I receive a message stating the install couldn’t complete because there isn’t enough space available.

Oh, ok, I didn’t remember that. Chat usually gets buried after a few days, that’s why it’s better a thread for troubleshooting.

Great, since it’s a space issue, go ahead and try creating a gracenote removal USB with Syn3updater and run it against the unit, that will free up some space. You can double check it worked ok since you should not be able to see the gracenote’s version in the about sync screen.

Once it’s removed, try again running the 2.2 install.

1 Like

Gracenotes is now removed. I’m going to try the 2.2 install. Fingers crossed

If it succeeds, go ahead and try android Auto / apple car play…

After about 15 minutes, I get this message - Installation has run out of space or does not work with this version. This is trying to install the 2.2 version mentioned in the autoinstall.lst previously attached.

Have you tried a master reset?

Yes, I did do the master reset. But, I removed the 2.2 version from my flash drive and updated the autoinstall file to try to install 3.0 again. It worked. Now have version 3.0 build 20204 installed. Used the following details in the autoinstall.lst -
; 3.0.20204 Install

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL_PRODUCT]
Item1 = APPS - JR3T-14G381-AX_1599788486000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AX_1599788486000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Thank you for the great help and walking me through the different pieces.

Does Android Auto work?

I haven’t tried it yet. I’m putting the new usb for car play in. Ordered the wrong but should have the new one tomorrow or Tuesday. I’ll put an updated once I’ve tested it.