2016 Lincoln 3.4 update

Hello,
I recently converted my 2017 Fusion Sync 3 2.4 to the 3.4 upgrade and everything went amazingly well. I wanted to convert my dads 2016 Lincoln Sync 3 2.0 to the 3.4 but had some questions.

1 - When upgrading does the theme stay the “factory” colors or do I need to change them via Forscan?
2 - Have the Sirius issues been worked out (I dont use it but my dad does)?
3 - My update went smoothly from 2.4 to 3.4 so I dont forsee any issues with 2.0 to 3.4 unless someone can say otherwise.
4 - Will the factory start up and shut down splash screens still be in place?

Thank for the assistance.

The theme should stay at the factory colors, however, there is quite a difference between Sync 3.0 and Sync 3.4 as you might have seen. If he likes the gold Lincoln theme, then Sync 3.3.19052 is the last version to support that.
Sirius works fine as of Sync 3.4.21194. You should use the latest stable version, which is 21265. (Although 22048 is also stable, the accompanying voice and data files have not been released for this version.)
The update from Sync 3.0 version 2.x should work fine.
The Boot or Splash screens should not change.

If the Boot screens or themes change you can fix this easily with FORScan. See the Sync 3 APIM Database:
Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. So guess that leaves a decision to make. Either keep the theme (19052) or have a stable version of XM (21265) with the voice and data files and change the theme via Forscan.

Did you need anything more on this subject?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.