2017 F-350 update from 3.0 to 3.4 issue

I tried to update to 3.4 and when I put the USB into my truck it says it will update- but never does. It says it will install and then maybe 10 seconds later it restarts and goes through the same cycle again.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.19205

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no error message

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.5.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Never got a log file

Try downloading to another USB flash drive and/or try a different port.
Also make sure there is nothing plugged into any other USB ports.

I think I know what’s going on, but I need to see the autoinstall.lst file you are using.

It is a 128 gb flash drive does that matter?

No…just suggested trying another one, even 32gb is fine.

Tried all USB ports and used 3 different USB’s still just says updating, reboots, then acts like nothing happened.

Like you with this request I made days ago

autoinstall.lst (232 Bytes)

As suspected, that will never upgrade anything: it’s just an interrogator log since it seems you told Syn3updater you are unsure about the unit being MY20 or not, hence it’s trying to check it for you.

But since it seems you didn’t read the tutorial (or what Syn3updater is telling you) and you are just “going for it”, you are making it loop over and over again. You are supposed to let Syn3updater read the output on the USB to continue with the process…

You should REALLY read the instructions → Basic Usage - CyanLabs

Glad you are so cynical. I was hard to read with the colors chosen for the warning. So I thought I was choosing correctly….

I toned the original response down since while re-reading it it came out harsh, my apologies.
That being said, go through the basic usage tutorial I sent before, you should be ok.

Harsh is necessary, people risk blowing their car’s up if they don’t listen correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.