2017 F150 Sync 3.0-3.4

Greetings, I recently did the sync update from the 3.0-3.4 yesterday and I noticed that the sirus XM logos do seem to be working. I did notice though that there is a big box to the right that has music notes in it. I didn’t know how I could remove that box from the screen if possible. Also there is a box on FM radio as well. My truck is a 2017 so I didn’t know if I need to try to update the as built database and what the steps in fixing this would be unless it’s suppose to be that way. Thank you!( view attachments box is on the right side of the screen, thanks!)

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: No

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.10.6.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

SyncMyRide
1 Like

This is normal for older systems. My 2018 fusion has the same placeholder icons. You will need to replace your ACM with a newer model if you want Sirius logos and AM/FM HD radio, etc.

That note box shows the CD cover on my 2020 Fusion. It also takes the Logo on the left and duplicates
that in the Station preset buttons.

1 Like

You could switch to the Lincoln theme (Lincoln-MY20) which does not have the stupid blank boxes, otherwise you live with them. There is no FORScan adjustment that will help this.

I noticed the Lincoln theme and really liked it how do you keep it without resetting it every time you get in the truck?

You’ll need to program the APIM asbuilt with FORScan. You can use the free version but still need to purchase a recommended OBD adapter.
FORScan 2.3.45 Released 2022-01-16 (Support for SYNC4 retrofit) - Ford / Other - CyanLabs Official Community

Download FORScan

The asbuilt database can be found here:
Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs
Select the BRANDING button.
You will need to change the Vehicle Brand to Lincoln.
Select the THEME button.
Change the Theme to Lincoln MY20.
Change the Splash Screen to what you like. (There are some restrictions)

Ok I will have to buy an OBD adapter and give it a try, thank you!

Is climate like you have on yours only available on lariat and above trim levels or is that something forscan can add as well? Thanks again for your time and answers to my questions!

That is hardware related on the trim levels. What trim level is your 2017?

Xlt

See your PM…

@JacobS16
Did you resolve the issue?