2017 Ford Ranger XLT sync upgrade

Hi all, considering doing a 3.0 > 3.4 upgrade on a factory Sync 3 unit in an Australian 2017 Ford Ranger XLT tech pack. Curious if anyone else has done this and if there was any issues at all, and anything I need to be aware of? Are there any factory features I’ll need to be aware of when upgrading, or possible asbuilt or non-asbuilt changes to be done before or after?

In Australia, from what I can tell, the Rangers and Everest came with Sync 3 up until around 2019 then I appear to have started coming with 3.4 - this also seems to have lined up with an IPC change (traffic sign recognition added, etc). Does any functionality change or is lost when upgrading to 3.4 on the older Sync unit with an older IPC in the mix?

I have upgraded a sync unit once before, however it was on a FG-X Falcon (Sync 2 > 3 upgrade) and there is a lot less vehicle integration on the Falcon and less modules to break communication to so and the possibility of firmware mis-matches and was a painless procedure. If I need to I can uninstall the Sync 3.4 module and fit it to the ranger and test, kind of hoping someone might have the answer before I go to the effort.

Thanks all.

You should be fine with the upgrade. I have not heard of anything odd as far as caused by the upgrade.

You can run the Interrogator Utility in the Syn3 Updater and post it here, we can verify the APIM has the necessary storage, etc.

Have done sync 3.0 to 3.4 on 2017 Australian Ranger Wildtrak with no adverse affects also did firmware update to enable calm screen again no issues

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.