2019 Navigator Heated steering wheel option missing

I updated to the latest version of sync 3.4 using the app and I change my screen size to the 10 inch using tips from users on here and forscan. Everything else seems to be working fine however I lost my heated steering wheel option in additional climate controls menu it’s just missing. I assume it’s because the Navigator again wasn’t meant to have 3.4 but it’s weird that every other setting seems to have adapted over except this I noticed that if I turn the radio off there is an icon for it but that’s a weird place to have to turn it on and off anyone else encounter this with the Navigator any tips on how to fix it if it’s possible I’m getting more comfortable with forscan so if there is a fix with that I’ll take it. @stickman I noticed we have the same vehicle. Did this happen to you?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.4.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

N/a
1 Like

Just go turn it on in Forscan. The APIM has the option for this stuff in the easy menu. Doesn’t really have anything to do with 3.4

Hey Bill

The option for heating steering wheel is turned on in apim. The problem is its missing. from additional climate options menu. For some reason it only shows up in a convoluted location which would be when the radio is turned off and you go to audio it’s below sources it’s very odd usually in my vehicle in advance climate options you would have Max defrost and how you want the air to come out feet or whatever and then they’ll be steering wheel heat option all in one location. I’m not sure if it’s the newest version of sync 3.4 maybe it doesn’t play nice.

Since you went from 3.0 to 3.4, have you master reset ?

Yes that was the first thing I tried from reading topics. Thank you for the suggestion. I’m wondering if there was any way to add it to the additional climate options using Forscan or perhaps if I downgraded to a different version if 3.4

You could try going to 3.4.21256, which is the most stable build so far. But you should get it without doing anything.

1 Like

Unless i am misunderstanding, you can’t get heated steering in the climate menu, only on the home screen…

Correct the only toggle location is when the radio is off and I go to the audio menu it’s located under the audio source menu.

Pretty sure this is intended behaviour for 3.4

@seanemery there’s something easy you could try: go back to 3.3 and check if options are there. 3.3 is an evolution of 3.0, it has the same look&feel and functionallity.
But the latest build is from 2019 I believe…

So you really need to decide if it’s worth it…

I have 3 cars with Sync 3 and all of them are on the latest version and have the heated wheel on the home screen.

My refitted 15 Explorer where I added the physical heated wheel even shows it. You must have an HVAC setting wrong in the APIM.

But he is saying it’s on the home screen… just not the climate screen… which is by design

Gotcha, Misread that. Mine all have it in both screens. Maybe it has to do with the 10" selection he made. Seems odd.

Hey everyone so playing around with forscan I managed to fix the majority of my climate issues. Maybe it was in my head that the heated steering wheel was in the advanced settings and it was always just on the home screen but playing around with forscan I was able to get the climate controls on my screen like my expedition had which I much prefer especially when driving. I’m surprised that navigator doesn’t come with that from the factory. Thanks to everyone this community is really great fast answers and everyone actually wants to help. Weird to see that when everything is so toxic lately.

Again thanks to everyone

1 Like

We want to help but we don’t want to do everything for people when they can’t be bothered themselves :slight_smile:

Glad you got it how you want, cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.